F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > check engine warning light, emission light on during radio ready state
Extreme Powerhouse

09-29-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
ruzzi
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 328i xdrive

check engine warning light, emission light on during radio ready state

I turned my 2013 328i xdrive today on today while I was waiting in the car to have the A/C running. the engine wasn't turned on but radios and a/c were running, i suppose this is called radio ready state... so when the car is in this state the engine shaped check control light/emission warning light stayed on.
however, when i turn the engine on and drive, the light goes away? anyone know what is causing this and i am a bit concerned.. it is due for service in 3600 miles, first service.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
siusaluki
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

I just noticed yesterday that my car too is doing the same thing. In radio ready state, the yellow engine light remains On and it turns off on Ignition. Have you been able to find out if this is normal or the vehicle needs to be checked?
Appreciate 0