E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Need help with iPod/USB Adapter

10-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
whytboy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Need help with iPod/USB Adapter

I got the $400 option of iPod/USB Adapter when i ordered the car and i am confused how to use it. The dealer is closed 2m so i wanna try to solve the problem myself.
I just got the car so im not sure if the dealer was suppose to give me a wire or something. Where does the ipod connect. In the dash? or through the hand rest area? Also was i suppose to get a wire from the dealer?
I tried hooking up the ipod through the white usb wire u get in the box when u buy an ipod and it didnt work, the car doest seem to be reading the ipod. I had it connected for over an hour with onli 2 songs in the ipod. I think i am connecting it wrong. I connected in usb and the aux. Shouldn't there be a simple wire that u just hook ur ipod too in the dash?

Pictures would be very appreciated..

Last edited by whytboy; 10-13-2007 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
tryangles
LA Native
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 sdrive35i

Use your usb port in the center console to hook up your ipod using, the original ipod cable. When you drill down into entertainment, drill down, and select AUX. You maybe prompted to configure some tone volume so you actually need to go one level back up and under 'AUX' you will actually be given the option to select the jack, and whatever is plugged into the USB port. Your IPOD's name should be listed there. It took a little bit of time for me to figure out as well. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
twintrbo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i- Metallic Blue

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whytboy View Post
I got the $400 option of iPod/USB Adapter when i ordered the car and i am confused how to use it. The dealer is closed 2m so i wanna try to solve the problem myself.
I just got the car so im not sure if the dealer was suppose to give me a wire or something. Where does the ipod connect. In the dash? or through the hand rest area? Also was i suppose to get a wire from the dealer?
I tried hooking up the ipod through the white usb wire u get in the box when u buy an ipod and it didnt work, the car doest seem to be reading the ipod. I had it connected for over an hour with onli 2 songs in the ipod. I think i am connecting it wrong. I connected in usb and the aux. Shouldn't there be a simple wire that u just hook ur ipod too in the dash?

Pictures would be very appreciated..
I have the same hook up, your ipod connection should be in the glove compartment, just make sure you go to the menu and press cdc button.
It should work.
      10-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
whytboy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

i found that it only works with windows formated ipods. mine was mac formated. its pretty funny because apple makes macs
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
You shouldn't double-post in different forums.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0