M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

09-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Thumbs up AT&T will Unlock Your iPhone!

Hey,

Dont know if you guys knew this. I filled out the form they emailed me right away. I do have a iPhone 4 but reading the contract i think you can do it with any iPhone.

VERY cool. I cant test it yet because i am in the middle of the ocean but when I hit dry land i can confirm.

JS

http://www.att.com/esupport/article....id=wd3SUUzhyjT

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device.

We have reviewed your request and confirmed that the device may be unlocked.

Please allow 24 hours upon receipt of this notification to complete the unlock process.

To complete the unlock, simply

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.

2. Ensure a SIM card is inserted into your iPhone.

3. Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.

4. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414.

5. After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.

Additional information on unlocking can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3198

For questions regarding AT&T Mobile device, please visit the Phone/Device Learning Center.

Thank you for your business. For other questions about our AT&T wireless service or other Mobile devices, please visit att.com.

Sincerely,
AT&T Customer Care Team

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted.

Last edited by Spinny02; 09-25-2013 at 04:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

considering how utterly frigging horrible ATT was for me while overseas (took 6 phonecalls half way in the trip to get my data reestablished after they cut it off for no good reason), this sounds like a huge win.