09-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
SkipSauls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d

Garage List
Interior materials, rear cargo in particular

From the pictures the interior looks very nice, with materials and textures as good or better than the E70. One pet peeve of mine in the E70 is the use of too much hard and creaky black plastic in the rear cargo area, and I hope that BMW has improved it or reduced its use. From the pictures it looks to be much the same, but the pictures don't indicate whether the material has been improved. I suspect that a vinyl or rubberized material would be nicer to the touch and less creaky than the hard plastic. What I'd like is the option to have more of it finished in cloth or carpet, even at the expense of durability.

For anyone who has seen the F15 up close, have you noticed what these materials are? I realize the creakiness won't become evident until after people take delivery, and I really hope BMW has addressed this shortcoming.
Appreciate 0