E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vivid Racing 35% Restocking Fee? Not for your mistake.

Closed Thread

10-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
Ph3n0m73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Thumbs down Vivid Racing 35% Restocking Fee? Not for your mistake.

Ok. As I write this, I'm sitting in a tent in Afghanistan, so if my typing sucks, please excuse.

Here's the story. Saw this thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40356 while lurking one night. It's in response to a question the OP asked if anyone knew of a company that made a "Short Shift Kit for the E92?" I saw Rob's post from VividRacing and decided to look at their web page. I saw they did, in fact have a B&M SSK listed for the E90 AND the E92. To that point, I haven't heard of any SSK for the E92 yet, so I emailed Vividracing to see if the SSK did, in fact, fit the E92. One day, two days, no response. So I call vivid.

I get Mike (Sales) on the phone. I asked Mike if the B&M 45123 SSK fit both the E92. He said it sure did. I told him I wanted to be sure before I ordered it, because I didn't want to try to put the thing on my car and find out that it didn't fit and I ripped the car apart for nothing. Again, he assured me it would fit the E92. I ordered it.

One thing I have to put in here... I told Mike I was an E90post.com forum member and active duty military to see if he had any discounts. He said sure, we'll knock it down to $162, but I'd have to pick up actual shipping costs, which "should only be a few bucks." Unfortunately, at that time, he didn't have the exact shipping costs, but I took him at his word. I ordered.

I received the invoice via email and was shocked to see the shipping was$17.00 (not overnight) and he stuck me with a $2.00 handling fee. WTF? So now the total was $181.00, $6.00 MORE that Rob claimed it cost in a previous post! Thanks for the discount, Mike!

At this point, I said, "to hell with it." I'll suck up the deceitfulness, because I'm getting the only SSk that will fit my E92.

That same day, however, I notice on the invoice, it says nothing about an E92 shifter, only E90. I get curious and realize that I might not want to rely soley on Mike's and Rob's claims that the 45123 B&M SSK will fit the E92. So, I call B&M directly, which is what I should've don in the first place. I talkto someone there in the technical department that says, "Don't put that shifter on your car. It won't fit."

I call Mike back, tell him what B&M told me and tell him I want to cancel. Mike said he wanted to contact someone at B&M and ask for himself. I say OK. One day, two days go by, no call back or email or any contact from Mike or anyone at Vivid. I call him back. Mike claims he left a message at B&M, but nobody has called him back. I told him I was getting close to deploy overseas and I wanted to get this resolved. I didn't need my wife trying to handle the return when she has 5 kids to raise while I'm gone. Additionally, I didn't want to have to sit in a damn tent in Afghanistan writing emails and using my morale call time to try to get a refund from Vivid.......much like I'm doing right now.

I finally tell Mike I won't put this on my car, you gave me incorrect information, stating the SSK would fit my car and B&M said it won't. He said fine, refuse the shipment and when it gets back, we'll give you a refund. I asked specifically if I was going to have to pay for shipping and/or restocking and/or any other fees. He said, "No, not for something that was our mistake."

I refuse shipment, package returned. A week later,after receiving no contact from Vivid, I call Mike. He says the shifter has been sitting there, but didn't know where it came from. WTF?!? I get past the nonsense and finally get him to start the return process. He said, "I'll take care of it." I confirmed again that I would get the FULL REFUND back. Again. he said I would.

Two weeks after that, I get an electronic return invoice showing that, out of the $181 I paid, I only get $105.30 back! Yes, $105.30 out of $181 for their mistake! I have all the proof to back it up!!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40356
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51441

You can clearly see Vivid claimed the B&M SSK fits the E92.

Not only that-- on their invoice, it states that there's a 25% restocking fee (which I shouldn't be paying anyway), but they're charging me 35%!! Plus shipping!! Plus the service fee!!

By Ordering, you agree to all our terms listed at www.vividracing.com - For a refund, the product must be received at Vivid Racing within 15 days of purchase date, in identical condition you received it in and is subject to a 25% restocking fee. Refused shipments are subject to a 25% restock fee. No returns, cancellations or refunds on Special Order items. Cancelling orders on regular stock items are subject to a 5% fee. Inspect your merchandise BEFORE you sign for it. Do not sign or accept a package if it shows any sign of damage or is open at all as the freight company will not pay full
reimbursement. Vivid Racing

I tell you I can't even believe it. So I called back, got the runaround from Mike, AGAIN. Said he'd email me back. Didn't...again. So I use some more morale time to call Vivid and ask to speak to a supervisor. Randy gets on the phone and says he'd need to call B7M himself to verify the shifter doesn't fit. I say fine. He says he'll email tomorrow. Since I had 5 minutes of morale time left, i called B&M...again. And was told by Joey in Technical assistance at 1230 EST "not to try to install that SSK on an E92. It will not fit."

So where am I at? Sitting in a tent in Afghanistan, waiting for an email (who knows when) from Randy to see if they're not going to try to rape me. I so hope I don't need to go to the BBB and my CC company about this.

I want my FULL PURCHASE PRICE REFUNDED, with shipping costs that I paid for, and your obsurd $2 service fee.

I've tried to be businesslike and polite so far, but I can't devote so much time to this. I hope I get good news tomorrow.

Randy, if you're reading this- give me some good news.

All others, wish me luck.

Jon
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

Jon, I assume you paid with your credit card? if so, screw Vivid, don't bother talking to Mike or whoever's giving you the runaround. Called your cc company and provide them the proof, they'll refund the money to you and deal with Vivid directly, let's see what Vivid has to say to the cc company then.
      10-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #3
Ph3n0m73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Wow, now THAT's service, Randy!

OK, update...

Randy just sent me this email...

Subject: RE: Returned Shifter

Yeah I looked on my website and saw the same thing. I will get the credit done here for you today so we can get the check cut. Im sorry for the confusion this has caused and I will do my best to expedite the process of getting your money back. If you have any questions please contact me from now on and I will help you out best I can.

Randy Wood

Wholesale Sales

The first day I get this guy on the phone and he's taking care of business.

Someone should talk to Mike, though and teach him a little customer service. It's easy to say something, like, "I'll get back with you in ten minutes," but if he never gets back to you, that's poor.

Thank you, Randy for taking care of this.

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ON YOUR PART

Finally getting my $181 back.

Now just waiting on the check.

Jon
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

and a nice recovery by Randy of Vivid