E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Settings suddenly reset

07-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Settings suddenly reset

Has anyone here experience this?

Yesterday I went to by car to open the windows (was hot) but my FOB didnt work both pressing the button and CA, so I used manually the key.
So got in the car and then was able to press the start button just to open the windows. But I checked the memory for my radio (button 1-6), navi, equalizer settings. Does anyone know what happened? Maybe the battery of my FOB?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

did you switch fobs?
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr!qUe View Post
did you switch fobs?
Nope
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
It's hard to figure out what you're experiencing based on the description you gave. You're saying you checked the radio, nav, etc. and all of those components were fine, or they were having issues also? Based on the title it sounds like there were other issues, but I'm not sure.

If the only issue you are having is the inability to roll windows down with fob, I would first assume it is an issue with that fob. Try the other one if you have two. If you are experiencing other electrical issues with the as well, it may be the car battery or another electrical component. When my car battery started to go I had all sorts of weird things happen.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
Has anyone here experience this?

Yesterday I went to by car to open the windows (was hot) but my FOB didnt work both pressing the button and CA, so I used manually the key.
So got in the car and then was able to press the start button just to open the windows. But I checked the memory for my radio (button 1-6), navi, equalizer settings. Does anyone know what happened? Maybe the battery of my FOB?
Easy answer!

Because you are using the blade, the car ignores the FOB (Therefore it doesn't have any profile to set since profiles are based on the FOB). OP you need to get your key FOB batteries changed. They are not rechargeable, but rather a simple 10 second replacement with a new watch battery.

This is normal and expected behavior. If your battery in the FOB fully fails... you can always place the FOB into the ignition slot and the car will still start (you just lose all Comfort Access functions).

- Faz
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Easy answer!

Because you are using the blade, the car ignores the FOB (Therefore it doesn't have any profile to set since profiles are based on the FOB). OP you need to get your key FOB batteries changed. They are not rechargeable, but rather a simple 10 second replacement with a new watch battery.

This is normal and expected behavior. If your battery in the FOB fully fails... you can always place the FOB into the ignition slot and the car will still start (you just lose all Comfort Access functions).

- Faz
Aha!!! that figures! I went back to my car again today and used the fob to open the car and everything was fine.

Good to know, I actually have a spare battery somewhere just need to find now.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
Aha!!! that figures! I went back to my car again today and used the fob to open the car and everything was fine.

Good to know, I actually have a spare battery somewhere just need to find now.
Thanks!
I strongly recommend just taking the car and two key FOBS with you to your SA and have them take care of it. It's covered under the factory warranty. Even if your not covered... just bring in the correct watch battery to your SA and have him do it with the car in the service area... last thing I would want is for the simple battery replacement to turn into a non functional car which requires re-coding
Appreciate 0