E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What "card" gets you out of anything with PD?

07-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

What "card" gets you out of anything with PD?

I didn't want to act like I didn't know, so I didn't ask to see it, but a person in my office said he had this "card" in his wallet that will get him out of anything with PD. An ex trooper who is head of our security said yes, that does work. However, all those pba stickers, etc., do not, at least with troopers. That junk may work at the local level.

I can't help but be curious, what is that card that the guy has? If nobody here knows, I'm just going to ask him on Monday....
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

I think it's like a gold metal PBA card, but it's not very easily obtained by civilians IIRC.
As for me- a wad of Benjis I keep under my seat at all times usually does the trick
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
I think it's like a gold metal PBA card, but it's not very easily obtained by civilians IIRC.
As for me- a wad of Benjis I keep under my seat at all times usually does the trick
But if he's not and has never been an officer, could he have gotten it? It's the other guy who is ex trooper who agreed, that the card would get them out of anything with a trooper, whereas other stuff would not work.....

What prompted all of these questions is I just slammed the phone down on the po-po asking for money on the recorded line LOL

p.s. I just looked out my bay window and there's a Charger sitting across the street with blacked-out windows so I think they've blackballed me already
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
supLOL
Banned
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" E89 Z4

Most everyone in my family just tells the cop that they're on call and they need to get to a patient ASAP and the cop always lets them go.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
Bmr3sn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT Sport

OP, as stated earlier, he is probably talking about a PBA card....... What a bunch of bull $)&@ that is. Just like politicians, I feel I'm privileged, I want my best buddies or PD financial supporters to be as well. Its not entirely a get out of jail free card, but it definitely can help in many situations.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
don't care if you got a PBA card, FOP card, FBI whatsit, etc. if you are in your car and you do something stupid, you're done.

in my 15 years so far on the job, I have only arrested one police officer. and it was even someone I knew from my last police job.

When you get drunk and drive the wrong way on the interstate and put two people in the hospital, i don't give a damn if you're the POTUS, you're going to jail.

most of the time for minor infractions, if people admit it and say oops or sorry, i just give them a warning. i could care less, i'm not here to make money for the city. This is my best year so far, it's late July and I've only written four citations this year.

Also, just because they have that card doesn't mean squat to some. Some officers/departments won't honor those.

Heck, if I'm out doing something stupid and get stopped, I fully expect to get a ticket. I'm not going to use my job to get out of something. I have only been stopped twice this year (tint) and gotten warnings (I do the same, I'll stop for tint as my PC, but I'm not going to write it).

The two times I was stopped, I never identified myself, but they knew already. I couldn't figure it out, then I finally figured out they read my driving record (it's got a few LINE OF DUTY crashes on it and I think only police/fire get crashes listed like that on their driving record, it doesn't affect our personal car insurance).

the courtesy card thing is mainly a northern state thing as far as i know.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
don't care if you got a PBA card, FOP card, FBI whatsit, etc. if you are in your car and you do something stupid, you're done.

in my 15 years so far on the job, I have only arrested one police officer. and it was even someone I knew from my last police job.

When you get drunk and drive the wrong way on the interstate and put two people in the hospital, i don't give a damn if you're the POTUS, you're going to jail.

most of the time for minor infractions, if people admit it and say oops or sorry, i just give them a warning. i could care less, i'm not here to make money for the city. This is my best year so far, it's late July and I've only written four citations this year.

Also, just because they have that card doesn't mean squat to some. Some officers/departments won't honor those.

Heck, if I'm out doing something stupid and get stopped, I fully expect to get a ticket. I'm not going to use my job to get out of something. I have only been stopped twice this year (tint) and gotten warnings (I do the same, I'll stop for tint as my PC, but I'm not going to write it).

The two times I was stopped, I never identified myself, but they knew already. I couldn't figure it out, then I finally figured out they read my driving record (it's got a few LINE OF DUTY crashes on it and I think only police/fire get crashes listed like that on their driving record, it doesn't affect our personal car insurance).

That'd be profilin' son, he's had enough of that already.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
a31cefiro
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Must be his virginity card.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

Police union card I imagine, but (as the officer above stated) I doubt it's really a "get out of jail free card" if you're doing something significant.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
tennis_pr0
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2--7 BMW 335i coupe

A local cop in my town waved me down to compliment my car. He just got a 335xi. He gave me his bus card and told me to use his name if i ever get caught speeding in or around town. Hope it works haha
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
Lankster
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:

Only 4 tickets this year!? My good family friend is the Assistant Sheriff here in San Diego, and the cops around here sometimes fill an entire ticket book a day. There is no warnings around here. Thats why I got a radar detector. And when I see a cop I roll my windows down cuz of tint, even thought its the lightest shade possible
      07-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
Snaggletooth
General Nuisance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:

no

This is the attitude I wish more LEO's held. WELL DONE!
      07-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
black335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: M 4

V card
2015 Honda Accord
2020 Range Rover Sport HST
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #14
HTran
Pi Epsilon Pi
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:

you should come work for the LAPD
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #15
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I have never done anything where I needed to show my PBA cards. I also have a small shield with my friends badge number on it in my wallet. I don't ever plan to see what they can do for me. I just respect, and obey the law.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
Mpy18
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 325 XI

Quote:
I have a gold PBA card, anytime I whip it out, they say they have never seen it before. They just hand it back and say have a nice day !
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #17
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpy18
Quote:
I have a gold PBA card, anytime I whip it out, they say they have never seen it before. They just hand it back and say have a nice day !
Hehe... I'll take the have a nice day part
Is it plastic or metallic? I've heard of the damn thing but I've never seen one in person...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

These two cards

Name:  tl-horizontal_main.jpg
Views: 1933
Size:  70.7 KB

Name:  3694319_7424460-stscrd02_lz.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  53.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
interesting...
http://www.nj.com/njvoices/index.ssf...k_and_sho.html

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I'm inclined to believe this guy over anyone else.

My former college roommate who is a cop on Capitol Hill got pulled over on Route 50 the other day (in uniform) and the MD State Trooper still gave him a ticket. I guess he was going too fast to justify a warning.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #21
smittty634
United_States
Rep
Drives: black e90 335i n54

Garage List
2008 bmw 335i  [0.00]
anyone can get one if you no a law enforcement that will give you one most peolple that have them only have the basic pba cards witch useally only works once
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #22
RainKing
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport - Sedan

Don't know about the "card", but my USMC Vet plate has probably helped get me a warning or two... I was also only 6-10mph over and I am always courteous
Appreciate 0