E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e92 seat belt bottom holder

07-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
dreadnaxt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335Xi e92

e92 seat belt bottom holder

Hi guys!

I was riding the back seat of my colleague's e92 few weeks ago and I noticed that he has kind of a fixer for the seat belt in the bottom.
It looks like a plastick "barrel" which can be splitted in two parts. It set on the part #7 on the pic.

However I cannot find it in the catalog. I'm sure it's gonna help with the common problem of seat belts "jumping off" the holder. I have a plastic fixer (the one you can use to tight wires together for example) set there by my dealer and it helps, but it's not very reliable as seat belt can easily come off it because of its size.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can maybe provide a partnumber?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 msport

Seat belt butler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795664

Hi

If your seat belt is slipping off the holder change the end part that grabs the belt. The piece of plastic your talking about came with butler end kit from the dealers. When i changed my butler ends i didnt fit for a week or two and but the butler grabbed the belt every time . It probably helps but i wouldnt say its critical.

blackchrome csl,s // eibach pro kit //bitstein B4s// shortened bumpstops//front and rear brembo performance brakes// jbl ms8//focal 100krs// rainbow dlx5 centre, rear//jenhert xe200//cas audio corner loaded sub// jl10v3 sub// jl xd500/3 xd400/4// technic harness// 808mguy adapters
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
cultr3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335

I know exactly what you are talking about but unfortunately don't have a part number since the item didn't show up as a line on my work order.

It is a dealer installed part, my SA installed both pieces for me when I brought my car in for routine oil service, I wasn't even having trouble with my seat belt pushers on either side. Mentioned the passenger side window switch was showing a bit of peel, and they replaced the entire interior door panel (which I still think was over kill). Upon pick up he mentioned that a lot of customers with E92s have complained about their belts falling off the pusher as the car ages, so BMW developed the new part to put in to combat this problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
kenbrinkman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235xi

Garage List
This is what I suspected to be a component of the issue. Seems like the belt doesn't slide well due to too much friction along this runner bar thingy. A plastic barrel would help a lot. We need to track down that part number!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
dreadnaxt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbrinkman View Post
This is what I suspected to be a component of the issue. Seems like the belt doesn't slide well due to too much friction along this runner bar thingy. A plastic barrel would help a lot. We need to track down that part number!
Exactly, when the seat belt is at the driver's end of this runner bar it holds fine on the butler. As soon as it moved twards rear seat it starts to jump off.

I'd ask my local dealer about this part (my collague got his car from this dealer), but the problem is that they speak french and my knowledge of it is not so good to explain what i want and opposite if i will try to explain in english it will be hard for them to understand.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 msport

Unclipped mine there the only number on it is 7294366-01 . Ps it doesn't help the belt slide on the runner bar it just holds the belt forward more.

blackchrome csl,s // eibach pro kit //bitstein B4s// shortened bumpstops//front and rear brembo performance brakes// jbl ms8//focal 100krs// rainbow dlx5 centre, rear//jenhert xe200//cas audio corner loaded sub// jl10v3 sub// jl xd500/3 xd400/4// technic harness// 808mguy adapters
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
dreadnaxt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macck View Post
Unclipped mine there the only number on it is 7294366-01 . Ps it doesn't help the belt slide on the runner bar it just holds the belt forward more.
So it can easily slide along the bar? Or it has some friction?
I guess in the second case it can be ok until you bring some passengers on the back seat. Which is still better than nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
dreadnaxt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ok guys,

I've contacted an online BMW shop who's a partner of the BMW club I'm member of and asked them if they can give any information for the number macck posted.
And...

They replied! It's 72 11 7 294 366. Looks like it's our "guy"
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
Monster900
Zeed
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaxt View Post
Ok guys,

I've contacted an online BMW shop who's a partner of the BMW club I'm member of and asked them if they can give any information for the number macck posted.
And...

Thx for the P/N.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
kenbrinkman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by macck View Post
I think this is still good because it reduces the amount of leverage force the belt has when it's at the bigger angle all the way at the back of the rail. Because the belt is held more forward, it prevents the amount of force that causes the belt to fall off the arm...i think. Makes sense in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaxt View Post
Ok guys,

And...

Thanks for the part number!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
dreadnaxt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbrinkman View Post
I think this is still good because it reduces the amount of leverage force the belt has when it's at the bigger angle all the way at the back of the rail. Because the belt is held more forward, it prevents the amount of force that causes the belt to fall off the arm...i think. Makes sense in my mind.
!
Was thinking the same. And as I said before, I have this small plastic thingy which holds the seat belt in the forward position and it's more stable like this. Unfortunatelly it works for a few uses and then the seat belt slowly goes back.

Thanks to macck for taking time to check the number on his part.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #12
dreadnaxt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Coming back to this topic, I finally ordered this part and unfortunately it didn't help much. Maybe the percentage of faults was reduced, but it was still failing until one day it started to fail all the time.
So finally I replaced the part which catches the seat belt and it fixed the problem.

After analysing a bit, it appeared that the plastic "hook" which holds one of the springs broke and the tension of the spring was not enough to resist the seat belt spring tension. So the assistant was basically unable to open completely to hold the belt.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #13
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Are your belts flat or is it warped ?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
dreadnaxt
Enlisted Member
Rep

driver side one is slightly warped, at some point it was helping to flatten it, but after a while it was not the case anymore
Appreciate 0