E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Auto door locking feature

12-03-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
Robbie!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Auto door locking feature

So I picked up my car today, it was in for 2 days for the software re-program and a top up of oil and fluids.

I asked for the auto locking feature to be turned on, they said it was not possible on the work order? How is that? I thought it was possible on all E-90's?
Also I asked that the sunroof be reprogramed to close when the engine is off but thats not possible either.
Finally the drivers seat is buckling a bit the leatherette is buckling, I asked for it to be checked and replaced, they said its normal wear and tear. Does anyone elses seat show weird buckling?

Anyway they didnt clean my car very well, but since it was a snow storm this am, I really didnt complain about that.
      12-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #2
BMW0
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
At the present time i'm not seeing buckling my leatherette upholstery, but i'll keep a look out on that possibility. Thanks for the headsup and reprogramming info.

"Freude am Fahren" = "Joy to Drive"
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 12:50 AM   #3
E90 Enthusiast
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Are you talking about auto locking when driving (aka rolling lock)? If so, I don't know why they would have told you that. My car locks on drive away.
      12-04-2005, 01:09 AM   #4
IDENTITY_MOTORSPORTS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Yea, roll & lock can be done. They did it to mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 01:11 AM   #5
Mikey3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90..... soon....

i think teh buckling maybe be just wear and tear, but if you want to make sure its not a factory fault, please check in other places of hte seat and other seats, just to make sure

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 01:39 AM   #6
Sho
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 6-speed

Auto lock is one of the functions in the software update. Mine was done by my BMW center.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #7
Robbie!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

OK E-90 Guru's ... I own one of the first E-90's delivered in Toronto. I brought my car in again to have the autolocking feature turned on and was told that it cannot be done in my car. ... I dont believe them ....
How can I get it done? Is it true that it cannot be done on the early production cars? (I took delivery May 17)

thanks.
      04-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
KUweatherman
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie!
So I picked up my car today, it was in for 2 days for the software re-program and a top up of oil and fluids.

I asked for the auto locking feature to be turned on, they said it was not possible on the work order? How is that? I thought it was possible on all E-90's?
Also I asked that the sunroof be reprogramed to close when the engine is off but thats not possible either.
Finally the drivers seat is buckling a bit the leatherette is buckling, I asked for it to be checked and replaced, they said its normal wear and tear. Does anyone elses seat show weird buckling?

Anyway they didnt clean my car very well, but since it was a snow storm this am, I really didnt complain about that.
If your dealership is like the one I work at, we dont wash cars when its either raining, snowing or the temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. We still vacuum, but no wash of any kind.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 03:29 AM   #9
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

Quote:
I asked for the auto locking feature to be turned on... I thought it was possible on all E-90's?
On post-Sept cars you can turn this feature on/off yourself anytime by using the onboard computer. You manual has all the details.

Quote:
Unfortunately, this can't be programmed to work this way. There are weird rules in North America about how sunroofs and windows have to work ... something about the government(s) being afraid you are stupid and will get your little fingers caught
In Europe and other places it works 'normally', you can even close the sunroof and windows from outside the car with the FOB or comfort access.

Quote:
Finally the drivers seat is buckling a bit the leatherette is buckling... Does anyone elses seat show weird buckling?
They all do this: the passenger seat too. It will get worse. There's nothing you can do; they won't replace it. It's just a very bad design.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 07:44 AM   #10
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
OK E-90 Guru's ... I own one of the first E-90's delivered in Toronto. I brought my car in again to have the autolocking feature turned on and was told that it cannot be done in my car. ... I dont believe them ....
How can I get it done? Is it true that it cannot be done on the early production cars? (I took delivery May 17)

thanks.
It can definately be done on your pre-september E90. Maybe you told the SA "autolocking" and he/she has no brain. The function is actually called drive-away-locking. I would go back, tell them that - that you spoke to BMW NA and it can be done, and explain to them what it does.

IIRC it's in the "key settings" menu on their workshop computer thinge.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #11
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Speak to the head mechanic, not the SA. SA's dont know anything

As broken1 said, its under car/key memory on their system.
A number of members had theirs switched on