E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Multiple phones

09-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
Crzy335CI
Rep
Drives: On Order E92 335 Coupe

Multiple phones

Hey guys, Quick ? I just got my 335 with Idrive and wanted to know if I pair 2 phones with it, will the other person see your contacts as well or only the one thats paried to it at the current time. Me and my girlfriend share both drive the car so we dont want each other to see the other persons contacts.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
you set priorities for phones. only one phone is active at a time. lame, but that's how it works.

congrats on the car, post pix man
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
Crzy335CI
Rep
Drives: On Order E92 335 Coupe

so you only see the active phones phone numbers correct?

sorry but im sure you know how it goes!!! HAHA
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Only one phone will pair at a time. That being said, my old nokia wouldnt transfer the phone book so you couldnt see the name of who was calling, just the number. However, once you pick up the phone, whoever is in the car is gonna hear the call.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Only one phone will pair at a time. That being said, my old nokia wouldnt transfer the phone book so you couldnt see the name of who was calling, just the number. However, once you pick up the phone, whoever is in the car is gonna hear the call.
You can pair up to four phones at the same time. However, the last phone to be paired is the primary and the priority cascades down to the first. If there were two active phones in the vicinity of the car, the last to pair would be the one active with the car. Pairing a fifth phone will delete the first.

As for transferring the phone book, it all depends on the cell phone. Some will, some won't; some do, some don't. I only have one phone paired so I don't know what would actually happen if, say, the last paired phone "B" transferred its phone book but an earlier paired phone "A" wouldn't and yet became the active phone, i.e., "B" not available. Could the phonebook from "B" be accessible by "A"?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e70

Quote:
So you were caught!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Could the phonebook from "B" be accessible by "A"?
No, it cant. Yes you can have up to 4 phones paired through the system but only ONE will be active. Meaning if your phone is currently active, your gf cant get your phonebook through her phone. She can however scroll through the phonebook through the car to get the names and numbers. However, once you step away from the car or shut it off its no longer paired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92law View Post
So you were caught!
Very close but I cancelled the call. I learned to change the names of girls to people like "Paul" or "Thom" names I didnt have any real friends for.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 06:07 AM   #8
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
No, it cant. Yes you can have up to 4 phones paired through the system but only ONE will be active. Meaning if your phone is currently active, your gf cant get your phonebook through her phone. She can however scroll through the phonebook through the car to get the names and numbers. However, once you step away from the car or shut it off its no longer paired.
I think we're using the same words for different meanings. You only have to pair a phone once. If you take the phone away it is still "paired", just not active. When you return, the phone will become active again automatically provided all of the other criteria holds true for that unit.

Your statement above about scrolling through the phonebook is what I was wondering in my earlier post.

Quote:
Very close but I cancelled the call. I learned to change the names of girls to people like "Paul" or "Thom" names I didnt have any real friends for.
"Paula" and "Thomasina", perhaps?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
Acuracy
SAYPL335
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335 FBO - 16 F80 M3

Quote:

I do that same thing..lol

Travis

Appreciate 0