E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Giving the car a bit of throttle... nek minute!

07-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
matty231
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i M

Giving the car a bit of throttle... nek minute!

Just got her tinted today! Looks great.

Only downside now is I was giving it a little gas on the way home, then pulled up home and just lightly tapped accelerator to go into the drive....

'Rattle' noise appears at low revs like 1200-1500... it's dependant on revs like I held it at 1500 at managed to keep the rattle going.

I've had a search around and assume it's the wastegate What do you guys think? That'd be about right I guess?

No codes or CEL yet but yea rattles at low revs with foot slightly down, no noise after letting the gas off.

2008 BMW 335i M-Sport
Black Saph w/ Dakato Black | M-Sport | Sunroof | iDrive | 6SP Steptronic | Comfort Access | Lights Package | JDM Spec
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Shon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

You got window tint and there is a rattle? Was it an engine tint?

There is no way possible for you have any engine rattle just because of window tint unless the shop beat the shit out of your car.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
matty231
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shon View Post
You got window tint and there is a rattle? Was it an engine tint?

There is no way possible for you have any engine rattle just because of window tint unless the shop beat the shit out of your car.
Haha yea, na i'm not saying they didn't, they most definetly wouldn't have, they just drove her into the garage thats all.

But yea, sound seems to be gone, took it for a drive and rattle isn't there :/ wonder what is was ? Will see what happens tomorrow.

2008 BMW 335i M-Sport
Black Saph w/ Dakato Black | M-Sport | Sunroof | iDrive | 6SP Steptronic | Comfort Access | Lights Package | JDM Spec
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty231 View Post
But yea, sound seems to be gone, took it for a drive and rattle isn't there :/ wonder what is was ? Will see what happens tomorrow.
Matty,

Chill, brudda. I believe you are suffering from oversensitivity after buying a BMW, or OABAB (hehehe, just kidding). Be aware that tinting is not advisable until you have driven the vehicle for at least one month or 1,600km/1,000 miles... again, j/k...

Drive your new ride and get to know it. Not everything you hear or see is as major an issue as you might perceive it to be. Listen to your car and write up a list of noises that might seem out of the ordinary and take it to your dealer (stealership) service after--say, a week or two of listening and listing--and discuss the bumps and grinds with the service advisor (SA). They should do an analysis since it is under warranty from the dealership, and be able to discern whether it was normal or not.

Until then, congrats on your ride and hope all is well.

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
matty231
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post
Matty,

Chill, brudda. I believe you are suffering from oversensitivity after buying a BMW, or OABAB (hehehe, just kidding). Be aware that tinting is not advisable until you have driven the vehicle for at least one month or 1,600km/1,000 miles... again, j/k...

Drive your new ride and get to know it. Not everything you hear or see is as major an issue as you might perceive it to be. Listen to your car and write up a list of noises that might seem out of the ordinary and take it to your dealer (stealership) service after--say, a week or two of listening and listing--and discuss the bumps and grinds with the service advisor (SA). They should do an analysis since it is under warranty from the dealership, and be able to discern whether it was normal or not.

Until then, congrats on your ride and hope all is well.
That felt like a good slap in the face I needed haha.. Cheers.

Doesn't seem to be 're-appearing', must be OABAB!

*breaths out* i'm gunna relax now !

2008 BMW 335i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

As someone who lived in Aotearoa for 10 years, I loved seeing "Nek Minute"

Chur bro - just wanted to reach out and say g'day.

- Chatoyer
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
matty231
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
As someone who lived in Aotearoa for 10 years, I loved seeing "Nek Minute"

Chur bro - just wanted to reach out and say g'day.

- Chatoyer
Haha cheers mate, yea not many of us bima owners down here on forum, but good to see Kiwis on here or who've lived here

2008 BMW 335i M-Sport
Appreciate 0