E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BST and crappy indie shop(?)

07-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

BST and crappy indie shop(?)

I had the usual lights for MRS fault appear. scanned with dis v57 and got code for BST as i suspected(had early issue when battery was replaced but reset and it went away). I took it to my only local indie who i have brought almost 3k of work (3rd party warranty). Had them look at that and seeping valve cove which would both be covered by warranty. Received the call later saying the valve cover isn't leaking, just seeping, and they do not have the tools to handle BST.

The service writer is who I normally speak with and knows little and always gives me grief for my lowered car. The owner claims they have GT1 tool and can do full bmw service.

what I dont understand is how can a business be so incompetent. Wont any eruo scan tool reset airbag lights and why didn't they just replace my valve cover. they would be paid for the job. Now I have drive an hour, find a new indie shop, and rent a car.

edit: they are a full Euro shop

Appreciate 0