E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Indianapolis Shop

09-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
SineQuaNon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Red - ZSP - Procede

Indianapolis Shop

I'm looking for a top quality BMW shop in Indianapolis. Basically somewhere that can install aftermarket mods for my 335 such as coilovers, sways, LSD, DPs, exhaust. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know that Euro Motorworks does a lot of Porsche work, but has anyone used them for their BMW?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
dpu90
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

SineQuaNon,

This post is a little old, but I see nobody replied. I guess not too many Indy people participate. Glad to know there are other BMW enthusiasts around here.

I have no personal experience yet (just got my 335i coupe in Sept.), but I have a friend with a 5 series who says Vaughn Motor Werks does good work. Their site says they work on some BMW club racers, so they might be able to help.
http://www.vaughnmotorwerks.com

He also gave me the link for Zionsville Auto Sport. http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/store/shop.mv

I have taken my Audi (now the winter car) to Euro Motorworks for routine maintenance. They seem very professional, but I don't know about how they work with BMW specifically.

I saw from another post that you took your e90 to putnam park. (sorry, changing topics) I've had my A4 out there with NASA. It's a nice track. There were only a few cars I could pass with my meager 172hp Audi, although the corners were nice with awd. I can't wait to get my 335 out there someday. Switching between both cars, it is apparent how much more precise the handling is on the e92.

Were you on the stock runflats? How did they look at the end of the day? Those tires seem really expensive for a track day. I feel like I would ideally want something else for a track day. I see you are thinking of LSD. Was the open diff really noticeable?

Well, let me know if you get any work done on your car and how it goes. It looks like you have some of the same mods picked out that I might want to get done. Sorry for the lengthy post. I hope the info helps.
      01-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
SineQuaNon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Red - ZSP - Procede

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpu90 View Post
SineQuaNon,

This post is a little old, but I see nobody replied. I guess not too many Indy people participate. Glad to know there are other BMW enthusiasts around here.

I have no personal experience yet (just got my 335i coupe in Sept.), but I have a friend with a 5 series who says Vaughn Motor Werks does good work. Their site says they work on some BMW club racers, so they might be able to help.
http://www.vaughnmotorwerks.com

He also gave me the link for Zionsville Auto Sport. http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/store/shop.mv

I have taken my Audi (now the winter car) to Euro Motorworks for routine maintenance. They seem very professional, but I don't know about how they work with BMW specifically.

I saw from another post that you took your e90 to putnam park. (sorry, changing topics) I've had my A4 out there with NASA. It's a nice track. There were only a few cars I could pass with my meager 172hp Audi, although the corners were nice with awd. I can't wait to get my 335 out there someday. Switching between both cars, it is apparent how much more precise the handling is on the e92.

Were you on the stock runflats? How did they look at the end of the day? Those tires seem really expensive for a track day. I feel like I would ideally want something else for a track day. I see you are thinking of LSD. Was the open diff really noticeable?

Well, let me know if you get any work done on your car and how it goes. It looks like you have some of the same mods picked out that I might want to get done. Sorry for the lengthy post. I hope the info helps.
Thanks for the tips on local shops. It's much appreciated. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to do many upgrades. I installed Procede (upgraded to v2) and went to a non-staggered wheel/tire set-up (18x18.5 255/35/18).

The run-flats performed quite well on the track, but they definitely got chewed up pretty good. Especially the fronts. I'd say 4-5 days of track time is all the fronts could handle - if that! Doesn't really matter to me, as I'm going to go to non-RFTs when the OEM RFTs are used up.

Putnam Park just posted their 2008 schedule. I'll be out there for the Porsche club event April 19-20 and may go to the BMW event the week before. I've never run w/ the BMW club, so it might be fun to check out.

Let me know if you're going to be out there for any events. It would be great to run w/ another 335. The last Porsche club event I was at there was a guy w/ a 330 e90, but the difference between the two cars was night and day; I was blowing by him on the straights and stuck to his bumper in corners.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
foxman
Driver
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I hope to get out to Putnam this year with my 335, I won't have it until around May 1st.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
ttdmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i - Blk Saph/Coral Red

Hi guys, another 335i coupe owner here. Not too many owners in Indy on this board.
Probably going to take mine to Dreyer in the morning for the freebie car wash. Maybe I'll see some forum members there. Keep an eye out for the Black Sapphire coupe with coral interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
ttdmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i - Blk Saph/Coral Red

SineQuaNon, how is that Procede working for you? Any limp modes / issues?
Have you taken it to Dreyer for any routine work yet? Did they say anything about the tune?

It would be cool for the Indy drivers to meet up. I haven't seen on 335 since I got mine. lol
Appreciate 0