E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Own a BMW? Then you're EVIL!

06-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Own a BMW? Then you're EVIL!

At least a friend of mine thinks so. I walked in on a conversation the other day he was having about fortunate people and less fortunate people, took a seat and began listening in. Rude maybe, but we were on duty together so I couldn't help it. Anyways he assigns BMW ownership too people that are snobbish, have too much money, and are bullies on the highways and bi-ways. That made no fuggin' sense. I'm like, "Dude, I drove a FLEX before this car, have never snobbed you or anyone else for that matter, and suffer my share of financial woes just like anybody else, wtf?" "No offense Manny, but people that own BMW's are a-holes", he says. "Wow man, didn't know driving a nice used car made me an a-hole. Anyways, FU. How's the wife and kid?" So that's how it went a couple days ago. It was weird, but he stuck to his guns. Of course he doesn't perceive me that way, we've been partners on the job for almost 2 years running. Has anyone else experienced this sort of zany attitude towards BMW ownership? BMW's get such a bad rap sometimes it never ceases to amaze me.
      06-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by techietaichi View Post
At least a friend of mine thinks so. I walked in on a conversation the other day he was having about fortunate people and less fortunate people, took a seat and began listening in. Rude maybe, but we were on duty together so I couldn't help it. Anyways he assigns BMW ownership too people that are snobbish, have too much money, and are bullies on the highways and bi-ways. That made no fuggin' sense. I'm like, "Dude, I drove a FLEX before this car, have never snobbed you or anyone else for that matter, and suffer my share of financial woes just like anybody else, wtf?" "No offense Manny, but people that own BMW's are a-holes", he says. "Wow man, didn't know driving a nice used car made me an a-hole. Anyways, FU. How's the wife and kid?" So that's how it went a couple days ago. It was weird, but he stuck to his guns. Of course he doesn't perceive me that way, we've been partners on the job for almost 2 years running. Has anyone else experienced this sort of zany attitude towards BMW ownership? BMW's get such a bad rap sometimes it never ceases to amaze me.

Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha <Sinister Laugh> That's Doctor Evil to you. I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called 'Mister', thank you very much!
Appreciate 0