M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Boots Rpi Gtm review

Gtm. Review

Fit/finish::: Fitament was good as it went in there with no problems. It only took me 30 minutes to complete this job. Finish was great as the welds look good and the pipe looks the business.

I installed it this morning, but couldn't do a cold start up because I had to go somewhere so that is for another day. But I can say after the cars sits for awhile, it does have a deeper nice sound to it when You kick it over. I just stood there and listened and I like it better than the regular gts. The pipe sticks out slightly more so you can see the rpi logos.

It is louder when just on idle. But just slightly. If you stand behind the vehicle it sounds different like a more mellow sound. I like it. Once on the throtle, it is a different beast. Downshifts are crazy awesome coming down from high speed. I think I like to do that more than anything. Video awaits you.

Outside sounds::::Now, if you were like me when you listened to Daves car, your first thought this car is freakn loud. That is not the case at all. My car is loud outside but only when your heavy with the foot, but not inside the cabin. What we all didn't think of was these mics amplifi the sound. Thats why at first I was on the fence with it. Once on the gas it sounds so much more meaner and the longer you stay into it, the angrier it gets. Sound fuckn awesome outside...and so much better inside. My wife took the car out and said its just slightly louder inside. Now she doesn't like loud azz cars so for her not to complain once was a testament.

Inside sound:::Like Dave said, this cabin is too damn good. It is alittle louder in the cabin over a regular aftermarket exhaust. Sounds like you have an exhaust but never never over the top but extremely livable..I say again extremely livable. The difference is when you get on the gas, its just meaner. well listen to the video and judge for yourself. No comparison expecially on the downshifts. While on the gas the 4-3-2 are great. Especially from high speed.

I'm happy with this purchase as this is how the car should have sounded from the factory. We all know why they pumped fake ass sound in these cars. With the right exhaust we can roll down our windows and listen to the loud screams of high rpm's.

I had a few people at the redlight tell me that they had rolled down their window and listened as I downshifted and passed them up. Their review was it was like whoa horsey. That sounds badazz. Thats why I like to hear what everyone else hears. I only care about what I hear from the inside, but it also helps to know how your product sounds outside also. That determinds the badazz factor.

I'm now seriously considering down pipes.

High points.::::::::Thanks to dave for approaching rpi and requesting they build a muffler delete system for the f10 platform and recommending this muffler delete to me personally.

Fit/finish of end product
Sounds great on the gas and at idle.
Down shifts are way better.
No drone.
The way it was supposed to come from the factory.
I romped on it quite a bit late in the evening and it seemed the more I drive it the better or deeper it sounded.
Now I'm very happy with this purchase.

Lows:::::

I really can't find any faults yet and I've tried.

Why did I wait so long to buy the Muffler delete.

Here two quick videos after the install.

Country run

Last edited by boots; 06-21-2013 at 03:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Neal23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Sounds really good. I just joined this forum and bought my M5 about 6 weeks ago. I have been deciding which exhaust to get and have been leaning towards the RPI but am not sure which model to get.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

My Man Boots,

Thanks for the write up buddy! Excellent! You need to change the title to GTM though. You accidentally put GTS. Lol!

Last edited by RPiM5; 06-20-2013 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post

I'm now seriously considering down pipes.

High points.::::::::Thanks to dave for being the first to install a rpi gtm on a f10m5 and recomend this pipe.
Dude, be carefuly what you wish for. Lol! The downpipes combined with the RPi GTM are no joke. It does make the car unlivable for most people, but not me, because I am not most people.

Glad you love it. It definitely changes the sounds of the M5 for the better, but the catless downpipes completely change the entire character of the M5. My M5 is too loud even for me sometimes, especially on cold starts. Yesterday I actually hurt my ears and had ringing sound in my eardrums when I cold started my M5 and had the exhaust pointed towards the inside wall of the back of the garage instead of pointed out of the garage like I usually am parked. I couldn't hear clearly for about 2 hours after that. I'm not joking at all here.

Last edited by RPiM5; 06-21-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Boots Rpi Gtm review

Ah damn. See what no sleep does.

Last edited by boots; 06-20-2013 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Wrong title
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots
Ah damn. See what no sleep does.
Get some rest bro.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #7
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
DP+GTM=RACECAR (a.k.a. Full Retard)

Epic, but u gotta be as crazy as Dave to pull it off
      06-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #8
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

I updated my original post since I had more seat time and added corrections. I'm so happy with this purchase. For anyone with a full system I'd say go muffler less. @ robm5 my wife watched Dave's Full Retard video and watched me as I was like yea boyee. She was like no way son. Guess Its a no go plus I have another project I'm saving up for. Ill think of the Gtm as my full retard system that we both can live with. Dave I'll get you some earplugs and don't park azz ended anymore. Crack kills. Ha

The mark of a good man is how well he helps others. I will always say this.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #9
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal23
Sounds really good. I just joined this forum and bought my M5 about 6 weeks ago. I have been deciding which exhaust to get and have been leaning towards the RPI but am not sure which model to get.
Well you have three from Rpi to choose from if you go with their system and videos and reviews from me and dave to back them up. Also other good venders to choose from with reviews from members. Choose the one that's right for you. Since you posted on my thread its obvious which one I'd choose.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Sounds mean, Brian! Glad you're happy with the purchase.

I'm waiting for Akra DPs, then Eurocharged stage 2 tune and then I'm DONE! (?)
      06-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

What your getting will be badazz man! I didn't know that Akra is comming out with DPs. Awesome combo with that tune. That op who added Dps to his akra was on point. Motorwerks is closed on sat but I made arrangements with Neil to open their doors for me to drop it off. Thats cool of them. They will put them on monday.

Country run

Last edited by boots; 06-22-2013 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #12
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Here's a video with the mic in the trunk. It's sounds alittle muffled but, the car sound proof is really good. It still sounds great though. Just not as loud if the mic were outside. But the good thing is no wind noise.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

good stuff bro =)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #14
boots
Curve Thrasher