E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Play in clutch E91 M-sport manual

06-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Grendeltouring
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E91 M-sport/manual

Play in clutch E91 M-sport manual

I recently had the BMW performance exhaust installed and I'm having a strange issue, did a search but nothing came up. There seems to be a fair amount of play in the driveline of my E91 M-sport manual, it feels as if there's a bad engine or transmission mount (had the dealer check these recently, they looked normal). It's most noticeable if I'm in third gear at around 25-30 mph, if I'm on and off the throttle there's a two-stage lurch that's pretty evident. There's also occasionally a shudder if I slow to 15 mph or so with the car in third - wonder if the throw out bearing is wearing out?

Car has 29k on it and I bought it at 9k, always match revs on downshifts and don't abuse the clutch. I'm having it evaluated more extensively next week but thought I'd see if anyone here had the same issue.

I'm also noticing a strange electrical whine when going on and off the throttle when cold that's coming from underneath the car somewhere, never heard that before.
Appreciate 0