E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Hid failure when unlocking door

06-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
jerky969
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Hid failure when unlocking door

Hey guys,
When I unlock / lock my door my right hid + angel eyes do not light up.
When lights are on and driving both work fine.

I have been getting the check bulb indicator on my dash I will have it checked out, but I am a bit puzzled here.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I could not find any past threads

Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
jerky969
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

To clarify,
My xenons, angel eyes, the lights under the door knobs and my tails all turn on with lock/unlock. So perhaps it has been coded.
But, my right angel eye does not do that anymore while the left is fine.

When driving however, both work fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky969 View Post
To clarify,
My xenons, angel eyes, the lights under the door knobs and my tails all turn on with lock/unlock. So perhaps it has been coded.
But, my right angel eye does not do that anymore while the left is fine.

When driving however, both work fine.
Heads up... your bulb issue is probably a potentially permanently failing bulb. I remember when I had issues with my LED AE's... the bulb would light up but the car freaked out while the car was in motion, it would keep failing bulb checks and causing the car to report various doors opening and closing as I was driving. Because it felt that doors were opening and closing (which they were not in actuality) it would cause the interior lights to light up and dim down. Because I had automatic door locking set... it would also click the door locks every few seconds because after it felt the door is shut... it wanted to lock.

Solution was to replace the one defective 2 month old LED AE with a new one and problem was solved instantly. :P so keep that in mind in your travels.
Appreciate 0