E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Advice Needed

06-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
bmw07
BMW BLUE Silence
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Advice Needed

I had a car reverse back into my car. The only visible damage is my licence plate mount and the plate. I did a quick check on my lights and any gaps. The lights all work ad no gaps found.

Is there anything that I should check to make sure that I don't miss anything? The other person car is all smashed in. ( fyi , my car was parked)

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

I would take the bumper off to make sure nothing is damaged. You bumper reinforcement/rebar probably absorbed the impact.
      06-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
RallyRcrr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw07 View Post
I had a car reverse back into my car. The only visible damage is my licence plate mount and the plate. I did a quick check on my lights and any gaps. The lights all work ad no gaps found.

Is there anything that I should check to make sure that I don't miss anything? The other person car is all smashed in. ( fyi , my car was parked)

Hi, this might help. It's the chapter on bumpers from the Bentley 3 Series Manual.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Bentley 3Series Service Manual (ch 510 BUMPERS).pdf (1.49 MB, 660 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
bmw07
BMW BLUE Silence
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumere90
I would take the bumper off to make sure nothing is damaged. You bumper reinforcement/rebar probably absorbed the impact.
Thanks ill do that.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
bmw07
BMW BLUE Silence
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyRcrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw07 View Post

Hi, this might help. It's the chapter on bumpers from the Bentley 3 Series Manual.
Thanks this is very useful
Appreciate 0