E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need help with codes

06-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Laid Black 335i
BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (6MT)

Question Need help with codes

Hey everyone, my SES/CEL has been on for 2-3 days now and these are the codes that came up on the Cobb AP:

P2AAF - Fuel pump plausibility
*Search says this is a common code. But what exactly does it mean and what is the remedy for it?

P29D0 - misfire cylinder 4
*The car is definitely running on all 6 cylinders so I don't know why this code is being thrown. I drive the car everyday and the car seems normal. I did the whole coil pack swapping stuff and my plugs have about 13k miles on them.

P29D9 - misfire with low fuel level
*Why is this code still being thrown? My tank is currently 1/2 full and the car is running on all 6.

P2C7B - Lambda probe after catalytic converter

P2C78 - Lambda probe after catalytic converter 2

P30FF - Pre-control boost control, boost pressure to leak from pressure line, error on loader 2
*I spent an hour under the hood yesterday checking all connections. Everything looks ok from what I can see from the top.

H2C7B - Cobb AP says nothing about this code. From my search, "H codes" are history codes. How do we get rid of it?

Any help is appreciated!
      06-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Laid Black 335i
BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (6MT)

Anyone?
      06-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
carlsontheflyer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C, AW, 6MT of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid Black 335i View Post
Hey everyone, my SES/CEL has been on for 2-3 days now and these are the codes that came up on the Cobb AP:

P2AAF - Fuel pump plausibility
*Search says this is a common code. But what exactly does it mean and what is the remedy for it?

P29D0 - misfire cylinder 4
*The car is definitely running on all 6 cylinders so I don't know why this code is being thrown. I drive the car everyday and the car seems normal. I did the whole coil pack swapping stuff and my plugs have about 13k miles on them.

P29D9 - misfire with low fuel level
*Why is this code still being thrown? My tank is currently 1/2 full and the car is running on all 6.

P2C7B - Lambda probe after catalytic converter

P2C78 - Lambda probe after catalytic converter 2

P30FF - Pre-control boost control, boost pressure to leak from pressure line, error on loader 2
*I spent an hour under the hood yesterday checking all connections. Everything looks ok from what I can see from the top.

H2C7B - Cobb AP says nothing about this code. From my search, "H codes" are history codes. How do we get rid of it?

Any help is appreciated!
Use your Cobb AP to clear the codes. It's in the Troubleshooting Menu. That will clear all codes, including the historical one. Then drive around for a bit and see which codes come back, and deal with them then.