E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Removing headlight film

09-19-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Removing headlight film

I spent yesterday polishing the headlight lenses on my oldest car. I have had worse jobs, but also better results. Polish, go in and call the dealer to find the cost of new headlights. Go back to polishing, go inside and check the Internet parts places. Polish some more, go back inside and check on ebay. Polish some more..... So I am now highly motivated to install one of the protective films on the 325.

However it is pointless if removal/replacement of the film is going to be a problem down the road. Does anyone have any experience removing any of these films, and if so how much of a mess is it? And how difficult is it to clean off any remaining adhesive from the lens?

I am looking for protection, not style, and would expect to replace the film from time to time. And perhaps even go back to naked lights.

Thanks.
Appreciate 1