E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Best Service in Chicago?

09-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
mlx52
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Coupe

Best Service in Chicago?

My 08 335xi coupe is about to make the trip over, and should be able to pick it up in about 3-4 weeks. I purchased the car from Fields BMW in Chicago, best price, and the sales team was great there, however, I am curious about service. Fields is the closest to my house, but don't mind driving to get my car serviced at a dealer that I know will treat the car well. What are people's experiences in the Chicago area, does Fields have a good service center, any that seem to be better, and which SA's to deal with and avoid?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

At first i thought Patrick was the best at service, but Motorwerks has treated me exceptionally well in the past few weeks, so i would definitely reccommend them. Unfonrtunately, my car has been acting up a lot, but they have done a great job so far.
      09-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
drkeng
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 'vert Tanz Blue

FWIW
Had a tire sensor go on, but the pressure was ok. Drove in to Field's (NO appointment) and they checked it out within an hour. Left the hazards flashing meaning customer waiting--cute.
Just had them install the ipod adapter--haven't been able to open the glovebox to get to the cable since. Have to go back for third time.
I've also had them top off the radiator fluid. Convenience is a plus. Also, since you bought thru them, wouldn't you be able to get a loaner? Would another dealer give a loaner?