ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
NYZ4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BSM BMW Z4

Pennsylvania RT125 Rally

Hey everyone, I'm sharing this meet and rally that will take place on June 22. Many bimmers and amg's will be attending along with an already confirmed Aventador and other exotics. Feel free to contact me if you seek more info on this. Shaping up to be a great rally! Facebook page for the event is: https://www.facebook.com/events/195482803937394/

[Description]

******OPEN TO ALL MAKES AND MODELS*******
******FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON ALL FORUMS AND WEBSITES*****

So here goes the first rally to knock on off my bucket list! I have long heard how this road is the best driving road within reasonable driving distance from NYC (2 1/2 hours). It has been featured on many magazines and forums (Below is a review of the roads, Followed by the itinerary).

From Motoring Con Brio: "Pennsylvania State Route 125 – One of the best motorcycle or sports car roads in PA! PERIOD. Huge amounts of twisties, many 180 degree banked turns, blind curves, hill climbs, etc… This road is, in two words, ‘driver’s paradise’… This road is simply the best twisty road within two and one half hours drive of New York City. Bar none… the ‘Tail of the Dragon’ of the northeast…

The combination of Gold Mine road and PA 125 is very much like a roller-coaster ride, with a series of very steep climbs and descents with sharp corners at the top and the bottom, with a few rolling hills and gentle corners mixed-in for good measure…

A road in Pennsylvania coal country that’s equal turns challenging and entertaining, smooth-as-a-baby’s-bottom, hilly country road and winding mountain road. If you like hairpin turns, 125′s got ‘em in spades. Its proximity to NYC is also a major selling point"

ITINERARY

7:00AM Meeting Coffee/Light Breakfast will be provided
(Cunningham Sports Center Tennis Courts Main Parking Area: 196-00 Union Turnpike, Fresh Meadows, New York)
8:00AM Drivers Meeting/Going over the route
8:15AM Departure (Sharp)
9:15AM Arrive at NJ Meeting point
(Vince Lombardi Service Area on the New Jersey Turnpike Ridgefield, NJ 07657, Mile Marker 116E,115.5W)
9:30AM Second Drivers Meeting
9:45AM Departure (Sharp)

There will be a fee of $35 per car
I promise you will get your money's worth! I am trying to have Tee Shirts Made up along with a few other things... Price may change...

****A rain date is in place for the following Saturday June 29th and will be called the day before the event IF necessary****

****More will be posted as we get closer****
2007 BMW Z4 3.0i. Supersprint powerloop exhaust and center pipe, Aero bumper (w/ clear bra) and side skirts, Avant Garde 19 inch M310's, Koni shocks, Eibach springs, Tekarbon carbon fiber side mirrors.
Appreciate 0