E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > 92 Celica support

09-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

92 Celica support

OK, don't laugh so loud that your neighbors can hear

My son has a '92 Celica, I don't think it even has clear coat on it. I was in it two nights ago since it was closest to the street to get milk. I filled up the tank ($22) and cleaned all the windows. But I have two issues I need to address, one for safety and one for looks.

1) Safety - the tint on the back and two side windows is totally bubbling, and all I could see were vague shapes out the back, sometimes some distorted light sources, even AFTER I washed off the dirt. Is this something that requires a professional to remove? Do they charge extra to remove if I get it replaced?

2) Looks - I think I've washed it 3 times in the two years we've had it, again don't think it even had clear coat on it. I'm thinking I could maybe get a PC and hone my skills on this. But would I only be honing my non-clear skills? Is it that much different to use the products on clear vs. unclear, ASSUMING there really isn't any clear on a 92 Celica?
Appreciate 0