E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2006 E90: Can I take your order?

03-23-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

2006 E90: Can I take your order?

I'm so excited. I've been waiting all winter for the prices to come out. I've talked to two different dealers already, but neither of them had pricing info. I thought they would have called me by now... Anyway, any ideas on how much room is there for negotiating with the price? I have a feeling that specially ordering this model will probably be the most expensive route. The 325i model that I just built on BMW.com takes me to around $41,500. Do you think there's any chance that a dealer might knock off $1000-2000 right off the top, or is it most likely we'll be paying full MSRP? What would be a good deal? I'd think it's a little too early to get any kind of incentive info...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
Trigun
Rep
Drives: soon to be e90

I can finally get some sleep too. I was really fearing that they would raise the prices above the e46! These prices are amazing considering the declining dollar compared to the euro if you thinka bout it. You know what's funny is that I also called my dealer sometime after the prices were first announced here, and they still didn't know what the official price was Just goes to show you that enthusiast forums like this one gets information so much faster than the general public. Good job !

I'm not expecting the dealer to budge much when I walk in to negotiate. Didn't someone say that they've already sold all the May production #'s? I can't stand the thought of buying at MSRP and not getting any discount, so I may have to wait a few months... which will be so tough when people start posting pics all over here. But if you won't miss the extra few hundred that you might save by waiting a few months, go for it and be the first on the block with a shiny new e90

If anyone does manage to get a quote under MSRP, please let us know!!

Last edited by Trigun; 03-23-2005 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

I got my first quote on the new 06 E90--that is--for the 325i. They will take $1500.00 right off the top of MSRP, and that's because I know the dealer, but the trouble I'm having is BMW's 5.9% interest rate. I was looking into Lexus not even three months ago and their interest rate was 3.9%. With 5.9%, my fully loaded 325i will eventually cost me over $50,000 ! It doens't quite seem worth it. I'll just have to sit and wait until I can maybe get more saved for a better down payment, or something. So much for pre ordering one . The only other thing I can do is check into loans from banks or something to see if I can get a better rate. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
bimmerphreak
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci

Don't give up just yet! You've got an awesome deal at $1500 off MSRP I think.

Do you have a car you're trading in? Maybe you can sell it personally and get a better price for it. Secondly, try to get better interest rate somewhere else. Capital One Auto Finance is worth a shot and you'll get an answer from them within minutes sometimes. Are you a member of any credit unions - they offer real low rates for members. The FED has been raising rates steadily little by little so maybe nobody can get rates as low as they were able to get even just a few months back. Keep us posted and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2005, 01:18 AM   #5
jav330ci
Rep
Drives:

rates on loans

Capital One seems to have the best rates around. I'm in the financing industry and I still think this is the best deal. Has anyone in California bought a new 330 yet? If so, please let me know where and what kind of deal you got

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2005, 03:02 AM   #6
Briteboy[iCE]
Rep
Drives: Silver 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav330ci
Capital One seems to have the best rates around. I'm in the financing industry and I still think this is the best deal. Has anyone in California bought a new 330 yet? If so, please let me know where and what kind of deal you got

Thanks

Plus they send you a check overnight and you can use up to the entire amount you're approved for. I used it for my last car and it went very smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
BMWAustin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

i am getting $500 off on 330i with PP and SP.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2005, 10:55 PM   #8
bimmerphreak
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAustin
Awesome. :rocks: I'm jealous. Will you be able to take delivery on the first day they're allowed to release the cars (May 6)?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #9
BMWAustin
Private First Class
Rep

Nope most probably mid may.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #10
thedocmoz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2000 323i

Quote:

Did you opt for Idrive? Any other options? Colorr? You must be super psyched, I would be!

moz
2006 M Coupe, Imola Red/Black, bone stock <for now>
2000 323i, titanium silver, black interior, sport+premium package. 18x8.5 Hamann HM2
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #11
BMWAustin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedocmoz
Did you opt for Idrive? Any other options? Colorr? You must be super psyched, I would be!
Oh, SG, Beige with Walnut wood, no i-drive. I can't wait, this is my first BMW, always brought Japanese.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2005, 05:53 PM   #12
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [8.50]
Quote:
Oh, SG, Beige with Walnut wood, no i-drive. I can't wait, this is my first BMW, always brought Japanese.

Same here. This will be my first BMW also (hopefully). I expect the quality and feel of these cars to be very different to the Japanese makes (again hopefully ) What car are you coming from? I'll be trading in my S2000 since I need the extra space. Figured this will be a way to get the extra space and doors but also keep some of the handling.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2005, 07:25 PM   #13
BMWAustin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k
Same here. This will be my first BMW also (hopefully). I expect the quality and feel of these cars to be very different to the Japanese makes (again hopefully ) What car are you coming from? I'll be trading in my S2000 since I need the extra space. Figured this will be a way to get the extra space and doors but also keep some of the handling.
Honda Accord EX 95 still own it
Acura TL 2003
Acura MDX 2003 still own it
Toyata Camry 98

Unbelievable reliablilty, not a single one had any kind of problems, just regular serivce.

Let's see how BMW will fair, always wanted one since 95.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2005, 10:51 PM   #14
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hey everybody. Thanks a lot for all your advice. I've decided not to give up on BMW just yet. I was really kind of bummed about the financing and the fact that the car fully loaded cost over $40,000, considering a 330i would cost around the same price, with only a few less options. Anyway, I've been giving all this a lot of thought, since this is my first major car purchase (I currently drive a 2000 cavalier ) and have been trying to make sense of all this in my head.

I've been trying to use cars.com's hierarchy of car types and this is what I came up with: I am in the market for an entry-level luxury sport sedan, and by definition from cars.com, entry-level (near) luxury cars range in price from something like $28,000-39,999. They consider a car over $40,000 a luxury car. So, even though I wanted the 325i fully loaded, I've decided to cut back on a few options to make sure the car stays within the $28-39k price range.

This is what I plan to order within the next few days:
2006 325i, Jet Black w/ black dakota leather, burl walnut trim, steptronic auto trans, pwr front seats w/ driver memory, fold down rear seats, heated front seats, xenon HID, DVD/Navi w/ Idrive, and the logic 7 premium sound system. This keeps the car at $39,690 (MSRP), so I'm in pretty good shape.

I've decided against all three packages.

1) Cold weather package-I'm getting everything else in this package except the HID washers. Big deal.

2) Sport package-at first, I really thought this was a must, but the more I thought about it, I realized that sport tires get significantly less tread-life than do regular tires, and I really don't care too much about the sport seats or the suspension. I think the sports steering wheel is definitely nicer, but again, the standard steering wheel also says "BMW" and that's all that really matters to me

3) Premium package-the only other thing I think I'll really miss out on here is the compass on the rear view mirror, but since I'm getting the DVD/Idrive Navigation, I really don't need a compass, do I? Plus, my dad has the compass on his DeVille and the thing always gets messed up and you have to drive around in a circle in a parking lot to re-calibrate it.

So there you have it. That's my logic behind my first achievable dream car. I've checked around, and I can get an interest rate around 4.5%, so I think I'm going for it. Wish me luck! I'll give you guys an update when I can.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2005, 11:47 PM   #15
jpv-USC
Rep
Drives: 2003 325Cic, red/b

Congrats!! I bet you'll have many sleepless nights waiting for the car. Have you ever driven a 3 series before? This will be a world of a difference than your cavalier Any idea if your car will be able to arrive in the first shipment?
      03-26-2005, 11:57 PM   #16
Autobahn
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
So there you have it. That's my logic behind my first achievable dream car. I've checked around, and I can get an interest rate around 4.5%, so I think I'm going for it. Wish me luck! I'll give you guys an update when I can.

You only live once... gotta enjoy while you can. Congratulations on your first dream car.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2005, 12:22 AM   #17
booyah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

I cannot wait till this car comes out! The wife wanted one and I steered her away from an 05 330 and we got a 04 Lexus RX330 with nav and all the goodies! VERY nice car but I always hear her saying owwww BMW, cant wait to get my dream car ect.....SO Im thinking the Lexus is not going to stay with us very long----why pay the payments on something you really dont want. DOnt get me wrong its an awesome car.

SO the plan is to get her a 06 330IX in Dec right before Xmas--Im going to have them bring it and park it in the driveway late at night with a big Red bow on top so she can look out the window xmas morning and see it. Should be exciting Im definantly getting the I-drive/Nav package.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2005, 12:56 AM   #18
PongY
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyah
I cannot wait till this car comes out! The wife wanted one and I steered her away from an 05 330 and we got a 04 Lexus RX330 with nav and all the goodies! VERY nice car but I always hear her saying owwww BMW, cant wait to get my dream car ect.....SO Im thinking the Lexus is not going to stay with us very long----why pay the payments on something you really dont want. DOnt get me wrong its an awesome car.

SO the plan is to get her a 06 330IX in Dec right before Xmas--Im going to have them bring it and park it in the driveway late at night with a big Red bow on top so she can look out the window xmas morning and see it. Should be exciting Im definantly getting the I-drive/Nav package.

I bet that's the best xmas present she ever received Is there or has there been a BMW in the family?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2005, 01:04 AM   #19
booyah
Private First Class
Rep

Nope--never had a beemer, but its one car she has always wanted!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #20
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Hey everybody. Thanks a lot for all your advice. I've decided not to give up on BMW just yet. I was really kind of bummed about the financing and the fact that the car fully loaded cost over $40,000, considering a 330i would cost around the same price, with only a few less options. Anyway, I've been giving all this a lot of thought, since this is my first major car purchase (I currently drive a 2000 cavalier ) and have been trying to make sense of all this in my head.

I've been trying to use cars.com's hierarchy of car types and this is what I came up with: I am in the market for an entry-level luxury sport sedan, and by definition from cars.com, entry-level (near) luxury cars range in price from something like $28,000-39,999. They consider a car over $40,000 a luxury car. So, even though I wanted the 325i fully loaded, I've decided to cut back on a few options to make sure the car stays within the $28-39k price range.

This is what I plan to order within the next few days:
2006 325i, Jet Black w/ black dakota leather, burl walnut trim, steptronic auto trans, pwr front seats w/ driver memory, fold down rear seats, heated front seats, xenon HID, DVD/Navi w/ Idrive, and the logic 7 premium sound system. This keeps the car at $39,690 (MSRP), so I'm in pretty good shape.

I've decided against all three packages.

1) Cold weather package-I'm getting everything else in this package except the HID washers. Big deal.

2) Sport package-at first, I really thought this was a must, but the more I thought about it, I realized that sport tires get significantly less tread-life than do regular tires, and I really don't care too much about the sport seats or the suspension. I think the sports steering wheel is definitely nicer, but again, the standard steering wheel also says "BMW" and that's all that really matters to me

3) Premium package-the only other thing I think I'll really miss out on here is the compass on the rear view mirror, but since I'm getting the DVD/Idrive Navigation, I really don't need a compass, do I? Plus, my dad has the compass on his DeVille and the thing always gets messed up and you have to drive around in a circle in a parking lot to re-calibrate it.

Sounds like your ordering an entertainment center.

Get the sports package and ditch the auto transmission.

If you really want a driving car this is the only way to go.

Should come out to about the same price.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #21
spikes111
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

what will you be driving if she gets to drive the 330? lexus? maybe not after long, you will end up driving the 330 more than her
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2005, 08:51 PM   #22
booyah
Private First Class
Rep

The Lexus will go! But you are right, Ill want to drive the heck out of the BMW

We have My 99 Limited 4-Runner for the rough stuff up here in Alaska...
Appreciate 0