E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > New Website, New Specials, and more from DetailedImage.com

09-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

New Website, New Specials, and more from DetailedImage.com

Detailed Image is proud to announce the release of our redesigned website at www.detailedimage.com . The new site was designed to improve your shopping experience with: more information about detailing, quicker checkout process, improved layout, new product pictures, detailing articles, professional recommendations for complementary products, help from our Detailing Guide, better specials, track your order from your My Account page as well as viewing your invoice instantly in PDF format and so much more. This new site was created exclusively in house by our team of programmers and is totally custom allowing us to develop many new and exciting features with no boundaries. In the coming months we plan on adding more features, more content, more tips and new products. Check our website periodically to see these new features in action.

September Specials:
Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket (FMJ) is 20% off this month. This is one of our top selling sealants that provides a durable coat of protection for 3 - 6 months, while enhancing the depth and gloss of your paint. The best feature of FMJ is how easy it is to apply and remove. It applies easily and removes even easier, making it the friendliest product I've used to date. 16 oz kit now $31.99 (normally $39.99, save $8!) and the 32 oz bottle is $39.99 (normally $49.99, save $10!).

Sick of constantly replacing wash mitts? Lake Country has recently released a paint safe wash mitt with excellent durability, the Ulti-Mit. The ultra soft foam material traps and pulls contamination away from the surface with it's unique cube design, minimizing the possibility of adding imperfections. For stubborn contamination, wheel wells, and lower panels, try the Ulti-Mit Scrubber. Both on sale for $11.99, normally $16.99, save over 25%!

$5 Credit for Previous Customers
With the launch of the new site, we also made some changes in our customer database. All previously registered customers are eligible to instantly receive a $5 credit to their account simply by re-registering using this page. By registering via the activation page, it looks up your previous account from the email address you previously registered with. The $5 credit will automatically be used on your next purchase over $5 and has no expiration, so take advantage of the promotion soon and re-register your account before the end of 2007.

We greatly appreciate all of the support from e90post members and look forward to helping everyone get more out of their vehicles with every detail. If anyone needs a hand selecting a package that best fits their needs, please do not hesitate to contact us via PM, e-mail, etc. To take full advantage of our new site we recommend you read our brief site tutorial page. If you would like to tell us about your thoughts of the new site please contact us, we'd love to hear from you. We thank all of our visitors, customers, friends and family for inspiring us to create this awesome new website.

George & Greg
Detailed Image - Owners
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

nice ill be sure to check it out once i get my car, Have you recieved your e92 yet George?

oh and thanks for the discounts!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Congratulations George....the site looks great. I've already re-registered.

Thanks for all your support on e90post.
      09-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
tintivilus
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
Wow, that looks a lot slicker than the old site. Is that all new product photography, too?

Contratulations on the new digs
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

A critique and question:

Critique: On the Auto Detailing guide, when I go into one section ( Washing and Detailing, Using a Glaze) there is no way to get back up to the Main Guide without using the BACK button. It would be excellent to have links to the next recommended step, as well as back to the Main guide.

Question: Anywhere there are instructions for using the PC, "go left to right over my 18" square, then move down 50%. " Do I move down 50% where I just ended on the right, then move back to left, OR lift the PC, go back to the left side and move down 50% and go left to right again?

Critique: No more package deals, just % off when I select one product and check a related product from the suggested list below?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #6
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

Question: Anywhere there are instructions for using the PC, "go left to right over my 18" square, then move down 50%. " Do I move down 50% where I just ended on the right, then move back to left, OR lift the PC, go back to the left side and move down 50% and go left to right again?
Not trying to speak for George, but I do know that you never want to lift your pc while in motion. Believe me, as I speak from experience (as I'm sure anybody who has spent a significant amount of time on a pc has at least done this by accident) you will have splatters everywhere. In fact when you power off, you still don't lift your pc untill it's done moving.
      09-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenskid24 View Post
nice ill be sure to check it out once i get my car, Have you recieved your e92 yet George?

oh and thanks for the discounts!!!
Unfortunately my plans for the 335 are on the back burner, it doesn't make sense for me to pick anything new up with the winter right around the corner. Looking forward to hearing what you think of th enew site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Congratulations George....the site looks great. I've already re-registered.

Thanks for all your support on e90post.
Thanks it is greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintivilus View Post
Wow, that looks a lot slicker than the old site. Is that all new product photography, too?

Contratulations on the new digs
Thank you for the feedback. All the product shots we're taken with my D-SLR this time around in a product box I made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
A critique and question:

Critique: On the Auto Detailing guide, when I go into one section ( Washing and Detailing, Using a Glaze) there is no way to get back up to the Main Guide without using the BACK button. It would be excellent to have links to the next recommended step, as well as back to the Main guide.

Critique: No more package deals, just % off when I select one product and check a related product from the suggested list below?
You bring up a lot of great points. When we launched the site our idea was to launch in phases. The first phase was just to get the new site up with similar features as the old site. We improved a lot of back end efficiencies which frees up more time for myself and my partners to work on answering questions, researching new products, updating site information, etc.

Phase two includes implementing a laundry list of new features, some of which include polishing up the Detailing Guide, adding a lot more guides (microfiber care, interior care, trim care, glass care, etc.), implementing complete packages (bundles), quantity discounts, and much much more which will be implemented over the next 6 months to a year. The best part about developing this site from scratch and completely in house is that we have full control over everything that happens on the site. It really gives us unlimited flexibility to create a new user experience for the automotive detailing community. Expect a lot of new features in the near future.

To answer the buffing question, basically what I meant to express there was to move the buffer (with it still on) down enough so that you would overlap your previous pass by 50% moving from right to left, not lifting it up and going left to right again. Another new feature in the mix is video tutorials which will help show users how to get the most out of their products and tools.

Thank you for all of the positive feedback, we're excited to continue to push the bar for automotive detailing and helping everyone get the most out of every detail.

George
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

RE: buffers That's what I thought you meant, but if I'm stupid enough to ask the question, I can imagine someone else (or even me) stupid enough to pick it up and start over on the left.

Having the total control is a great thing, especially since you seem to have the skills on hand to make changes, and fast.
Appreciate 0