BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography    new sample shots with my 17-40L lens

09-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

new sample shots with my 17-40L lens

so here are some shots I took with my new Canon 17-40 L lens and my canon XTi. No matter what i've done I cant get the whole flower into focus when im in that close. Im going back to that beach to try and do it in HDR.
Attached Images

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

WOW! looks great man. Keep up the good work
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 01:57 AM   #3
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Swwt, love the first shot! About the flowers, here are a few I've taken with the kit lens on the XTi. I don't know?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

damn nikki your way good haha........i guess to do macro stuff like im trying to do....i would probably need a macro lens. So for now i think im better off trying to take shots like yours of the whole flower and not so close. That shot of the butterfly on the flower is so legit! Its hard to spot a cool bug and be able to get a good shot of it. Too bad your all the way in florida otherwise you could join us at the meets in socal and stuff and i could get tips from you haha.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
damn nikki your way good haha........i guess to do macro stuff like im trying to do....i would probably need a macro lens. So for now i think im better off trying to take shots like yours of the whole flower and not so close. That shot of the butterfly on the flower is so legit! Its hard to spot a cool bug and be able to get a good shot of it. Too bad your all the way in florida otherwise you could join us at the meets in socal and stuff and i could get tips from you haha.
she's actually in boston, ma... but damn, those are some great pics regardless! i only wish i could pony up the $$$ for a nice dslr
      09-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

That first pics is beautiful

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0