E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Adhesive

09-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
Mudkipz
Rep
Drives: 2007 TiAg 328i

Adhesive

I just ordered the rear spoiler and it just arrived today and I really want to put it on then I realize that it didn't come with adhesive. I was looking at the DIY files and I can use betalink which I can take off later and it is safe for the car but my BMW dealer is closed today being that its sunday. Is there any other adhesive that I can use to put the spoiler on that I can buy from maybe home depot or checkers or napa auto parts? Also I need the adhesive to be able to be taken off after since I am leasing the car. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
DaveStinsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Tiburon

I thought betalink was a permenant epoxy.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudkipz View Post
I just ordered the rear spoiler and it just arrived today and I really want to put it on then I realize that it didn't come with adhesive. I was looking at the DIY files and I can use betalink which I can take off later and it is safe for the car but my BMW dealer is closed today being that its sunday. Is there any other adhesive that I can use to put the spoiler on that I can buy from maybe home depot or checkers or napa auto parts? Also I need the adhesive to be able to be taken off after since I am leasing the car. Thanks!
You will not be able to remove the spoiler if you use betalink. Just go down to AutoZone and pick up some double sided 3M body moulding tape. Clean the area you wish to put the spoiler with rubbing alcohol. Put the tape on the spoiler and put it in place. Works best if the temp is warm. Forget the betalink. The spoiler will not come off with the tape unless you want it to. And then it is not that easy.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Yeah, most use the 3M tape.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
theYardie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I (e92)

This brings up a question I have. Yesterday I installed an OEM front lip that Longtran painted for me (good job by the way). I also asked him for BetaLink. After seeing that you could install the front lip by screwing it to the bottom of the car i decided to not use the BetaLink out of fear of it making the lip a permanent fixture. The install as it is now stands looks fine but could be a tad more flush with the original bumper. Question for ya'll do you use the double sided 3M tape to makethe install on the front lip more flush with the car? Will I have trouble taking the lip off if I use 3M tape?

I guess this is an attempt at jaking the thread huh?