F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > "hazardous materials" charge
Extreme Powerhouse

04-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

"hazardous materials" charge

I know a lot of dealers (even on my old car) charge hazardous wastes charge when they service your car...to pay for "properly disposing of materials, and shop supplies". How much does your dealer charge? My old Mazda was 10 bucks. I dealt with it as I can sort of understand the charge, and it was minor.

My dealer now asks 34.99 and i think its annoying. Especially seeing that it's on every service, not just oil changes or fluid changes. Even at that, I'm paying them for a service, why should I pay for what it costs them to clean up? It reminds me of when you buy a car and they charge a "dealer processing fee" for filing papers. If I go eat at a restaurant, I don't pay an extra fee for them to throw away their grease and oil.

Any people have luck getting this removed? MY SA on my last appt said "he can't remove the charge". Overall, he was really cool with me, and cut me a good deal on what I was there for (PPK install), so I didn't bother, but it annoys me that it's 34.99 for this just cause i have a BMW. Last time i checked trash shouldn't be more expensive to clean just cause it came from a BMW.

Last edited by Dinh335; 04-01-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0