E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Water marks on windows

09-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Dialpex
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 iX

Water marks on windows

This morning when i walked up to my car i could see little spots everywhere on my windows. Bunch on them, the windows were all wet from the overnight mist and you could clearly see them. They went away once the windows were dry.

Is there anything i can use to remove those?

Please help...
Thanks
      09-05-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Invisible glass is great. You can pick up a can in any automotive store.

If that doesn't work you can always clay your windows for a superior shine.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
sapperelite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI, 03 Wrangler Sport

I recently clayed my windows and amazing difference. One question though, is it really necessary to wash the window with a glass cleaner if you wash the car each week? Granted, my car is inside at night, I California Dust it each morning and I wash each weekend. I am also looking for a product that will help get bug guts off my car, both window and paint. I actually had to claybar my entire front end to get the bugs off and it still didn't get it all off...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
Dialpex
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Invisible glass is great. You can pick up a can in any automotive store.

If that doesn't work you can always clay your windows for a superior shine.
Thanks dude.. ill try invisible glass and if that doesn't work well this weekend ill get a claybar.

But if i clay my windows should i follow the same directions of using clay on the car? Let me know...
      09-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialpex View Post
But if i clay my windows should i follow the same directions of using clay on the car? Let me know...
Yeah follow the same instructions. Just try not to let the QD drip into the weather seal. It prolly wouldn't do anything really bad but you may get some annoying streaking when you roll your windows down.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperelite View Post
One question though, is it really necessary to wash the window with a glass cleaner if you wash the car each week? Granted, my car is inside at night, I California Dust it each morning and I wash each weekend. I am also looking for a product that will help get bug guts off my car, both window and paint. I actually had to claybar my entire front end to get the bugs off and it still didn't get it all off...
No, you don't have to use a window cleaner after you wash your car. Personally I just think the extra 5 mins to spray and wipe the windows after I was the car makes them shine a little better. Plus I love to use RainX and watch the water fly away when it rains.

Mother's or Meguiars makes a good bug and tar remover. Look for it at autozone, pep boys, advanced, etc. It should be shelfed right with all the car cleaning supplies. You may just be not noticing it.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0