E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bavarian Auto Rotors

03-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Bavarian Auto Rotors

Does anyone have any experience with the rotors from bavarian auto?
Seems like everyone is running mostly stoptec and suchs, but can't see bavarian.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
Hardstorm
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I actually just installed Bavarian auto rotors and Pagid Red pads on the rear wheels yesterday. Granted I've only gone maybe 30 miles so far, but they seem fine. I don't go to the track or anything though so I can't comment on anything of that nature, but I'm willing to bet for just your every day (moderately aggressive) driving they should be fine. If it matters they were installed on '06 330i.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardstorm View Post
I actually just installed Bavarian auto rotors and Pagid Red pads on the rear wheels yesterday. Granted I've only gone maybe 30 miles so far, but they seem fine. I don't go to the track or anything though so I can't comment on anything of that nature, but I'm willing to bet for just your every day (moderately aggressive) driving they should be fine. If it matters they were installed on '06 330i.
Nice, there isn't much talk about bavarian auto on this website it seems. But I get the catalog every now and again.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
BillionPa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I stopped buying from them when they sent me a rear shock that was leaking and did not respond to any emails from me regarding getting me a replacement, went to Turner and UUC afterwards, never looked back
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillionPa View Post
I stopped buying from them when they sent me a rear shock that was leaking and did not respond to any emails from me regarding getting me a replacement, went to Turner and UUC afterwards, never looked back
nice to know
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
ExchangeHut
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Sedan Graphite, 204k

Bavarian Auto Rotors / Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the rotors from bavarian auto?
Seems like everyone is running mostly stoptec and suchs, but can't see bavarian.
Hi Fireline43

I replaced front and back rotors, pads, sensors, and bushings on my friend's Z3 with the Bav Auto Setup with Pagid Pads. They are a good combination to purchase if you like a one-stop shop with good service. I have never had any problems with Bavarian Auto and I've been shopping with them since 1997. I'm not the type to leave a message and wait. If I ever get a voicemail (rarely) I just press zero and talk to someone. There customer service has always been great for me. They Also Match prices if you find a better/lower price somewhere else. I'd rather buy it from them if I find a better deal online, just tell them the price and the site you found it on. Easy.

We replaced the front rotors, pads, and control arm bushing in about 6 hours one day because I stripped the hold-down bolt, and I was coaching him through the replacement since he is an engineer that has never really done this on his car before. I'd HIGHLY recommend buying the Allen wrench size that you need (they have it on the Bav Auto site) that connects to your Rachet. Make sure you use a penetrating lubricant on all bolts, especially the rotor hold down bolts. We ran out of time the first day and came back a couple weeks later to do the back axle. His car runs great. The kit from Bav Auto came with the anti-squeak for the back of the brake pads, this is a must, or you can use a thin layer of regular clear grease to keep a lubricant between the metal on the back of the pad and the caliper piston. This was a solid option for his car and I'm sure it would have been fine for a E90.

My only complaint that I have about this kit from Bavarian Auto, I have voice this to my sales consultant, is that they only ship the heavy rotors with Fedex or UPS. The cost is about $65 to get o me in Wisconsin. It may cost less to get to you but there are other vendors to what you need for less money. As I mentioned, this is a great kit to get everything you want from one place.

Other sites to check out:
1. Parts Geek - reasonable shipping costs, easy website
2. Rock Auto - You should know what you want and you'll get the best price if they offer it. (I ordered an oil filter for a Ford and I picked a canister style when the car took a paper filter, the site doesn't offer much help, just choices and prices).
3. Ebay - I bought a full set of Callahan Auto Parts brand - cross drilled & slotted Rotors, Ceramic Pads, and Wear Sensors. I had to buy the hold down bolts from the Stealership for $3 each and used some of the left over anti-squeal from my buddies brake job. All said and done - $338 with shipping sent EXTREMELY FAST to my door like the next day and $12 for hold down bolts. I did flush my brake fluid with fresh stuff because I have 193k on my 2006 330i sedan.
4. Amazon - Yes, they sell auto parts and offer free shipping if it is in their warehouse. I have an Amazon Prime account, which gets me free 2-day shipping. If you order car parts as often as I do between my Bimmer and 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with 136k, 2-day parts save so much over the discount auto part stores.

I don't track my car, I drive alot of highway miles and I hope to keep my car for a while. I try to find the brands of parts that are quality without having to pay for a name. I just put KYB shocks and struts on my car, never heard of them before but they make more shocks/struts than any other manufacturer, OEM or aftermarket. So, I spent a little more than Monroe but feel I have a good product.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about how to do this yourself or anything, please ask. I performed both total replacements of brakes/shocks within the last month. I'd be happy to help.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExchangeHut View Post
Hi Fireline43

I replaced front and back rotors, pads, sensors, and bushings on my friend's Z3 with the Bav Auto Setup with Pagid Pads. They are a good combination to purchase if you like a one-stop shop with good service. I have never had any problems with Bavarian Auto and I've been shopping with them since 1997. I'm not the type to leave a message and wait. If I ever get a voicemail (rarely) I just press zero and talk to someone. There customer service has always been great for me. They Also Match prices if you find a better/lower price somewhere else. I'd rather buy it from them if I find a better deal online, just tell them the price and the site you found it on. Easy.

We replaced the front rotors, pads, and control arm bushing in about 6 hours one day because I stripped the hold-down bolt, and I was coaching him through the replacement since he is an engineer that has never really done this on his car before. I'd HIGHLY recommend buying the Allen wrench size that you need (they have it on the Bav Auto site) that connects to your Rachet. Make sure you use a penetrating lubricant on all bolts, especially the rotor hold down bolts. We ran out of time the first day and came back a couple weeks later to do the back axle. His car runs great. The kit from Bav Auto came with the anti-squeak for the back of the brake pads, this is a must, or you can use a thin layer of regular clear grease to keep a lubricant between the metal on the back of the pad and the caliper piston. This was a solid option for his car and I'm sure it would have been fine for a E90.

My only complaint that I have about this kit from Bavarian Auto, I have voice this to my sales consultant, is that they only ship the heavy rotors with Fedex or UPS. The cost is about $65 to get o me in Wisconsin. It may cost less to get to you but there are other vendors to what you need for less money. As I mentioned, this is a great kit to get everything you want from one place.

Other sites to check out:
1. Parts Geek - reasonable shipping costs, easy website
2. Rock Auto - You should know what you want and you'll get the best price if they offer it. (I ordered an oil filter for a Ford and I picked a canister style when the car took a paper filter, the site doesn't offer much help, just choices and prices).
3. Ebay - I bought a full set of Callahan Auto Parts brand - cross drilled & slotted Rotors, Ceramic Pads, and Wear Sensors. I had to buy the hold down bolts from the Stealership for $3 each and used some of the left over anti-squeal from my buddies brake job. All said and done - $338 with shipping sent EXTREMELY FAST to my door like the next day and $12 for hold down bolts. I did flush my brake fluid with fresh stuff because I have 193k on my 2006 330i sedan.
4. Amazon - Yes, they sell auto parts and offer free shipping if it is in their warehouse. I have an Amazon Prime account, which gets me free 2-day shipping. If you order car parts as often as I do between my Bimmer and 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with 136k, 2-day parts save so much over the discount auto part stores.

I don't track my car, I drive alot of highway miles and I hope to keep my car for a while. I try to find the brands of parts that are quality without having to pay for a name. I just put KYB shocks and struts on my car, never heard of them before but they make more shocks/struts than any other manufacturer, OEM or aftermarket. So, I spent a little more than Monroe but feel I have a good product.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about how to do this yourself or anything, please ask. I performed both total replacements of brakes/shocks within the last month. I'd be happy to help.
Awesome reply! I've used partsgeek and amazon in the past on other cars, so I agree that they are good sources. I was more thinking that I might just change out the rotors and fluid right now. I'm still under maint program so I'm going to get the OEM pads from them and just use them for now since it's included. Did you change your lines to stainless steel? I have been debating if I even need to do that.
Appreciate 0