E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Dealer Scratched my car!

09-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
Diesel123
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi

Dealer Scratched my car!

I brought my car into the dealer to remove the dealer badge that they put on my trunk. I was going to remove it myself, but the dealer reccomened me to bring it to them to remove it because they said that i was going to scratch the paint if i did it. I trusted the dealer and brought the car in. When i go my car in there was multiple scratches where the badge used to be. I tried to get the scratch out, but its still very noticeable. Has anyone else experienced this when getting their badge removed from the dealer. Also if anyone can reccomend a good product to remove the scratches left, it would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Take it back to the dealer, let them fix any scratches. But if they put a badge on their in the first place.... I dunno, kind of a scary outfit.
      09-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel123 View Post
I brought my car into the dealer to remove the dealer badge that they put on my trunk. ... Has anyone else experienced this when getting their badge removed from the dealer. Also if anyone can reccomend a good product to remove the scratches left, it would be greatly appreciated.
I never allow the dealer to put anything on the car that represents the dealship as a whole, even license plate frames. I've seen some East coast dealers actually use holes within the steel with which to attach emblems so you have to order the car ahead of time and make a special request. As a hint, dental floss works extremely well at removing badges and does not scratch, just move it back and forth and it will slide under the glue due to the wax (and smell minty fresh too!).