BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

09-01-2007, 06:14 AM   #1
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

M3 price estimate - 10% more than e46 M3

okay don't shoot me okay, please I'm not trying to start anything....just passing the word on to my fellow car buddys..I got it on good word that the new M3 will be priced at about 10% more than the previous model..I trust the source he's never lead me wrong...so thur Military sales..it's gonna be about 49950....don't yell at me or scream at me..okay not trying to start some rumors..so that means that the U.S. price is gonna be about 54,000....flame suit on
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
okay don't shoot me okay, please I'm not trying to start anything....just passing the word on to my fellow car buddys..I got it on good word that the new M3 will be priced at about 10% more than the previous model..I trust the source he's never lead me wrong...so thur Military sales..it's gonna be about 49950....don't yell at me or scream at me..okay not trying to start some rumors..so that means that the U.S. price is gonna be about 54,000....flame suit on

Exactly how reliable is this source...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Hmm without giving to much away...what if I say he flies to germany to see the products..trust me
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #4
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

I hope your buddy is right!

Jason
      09-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #5
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

WHATS UP Jellis...he's right man trust me...he got word from the factory this morning.....just got to be a little more patient.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
That's an estimate while they are taking pre-orders, do a seach of "E92 M3 Military Sales" in the M3Forum or here and you will find all threads have that estimated price... nothing is official.

We all would like that to be true...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
That's an estimate while they are taking pre-orders, do a seach of "E92 M3 Military Sales" in the M3Forum or here and you will find all threads have that estimated price... nothing is official.

We all would like that to be true...
Your right and the reason that all the threads are saying that is because that word came from the factory..hmmm...a e46 me was 42800 base thru military sales, I'm just trying to pass on some knowledge to my fellow bimmer heads...and when this guy tells me something as far as i'm concerned...GOSPEL just trying to help out
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Some more info to add about military and accuracy

The ESTIMATED price for Military Sales is $49,950 in my contract. The Military Sales agents work with BMW in Germany NOT BMW North America

ALL of the BMWs in the Military Car Sales outlets have a Set price that for years has been 12 % Less than US MSRP. Now this can flex but traditionally
they have been correct for years !

If the formula works out thats an MSRP of between $54 and $56K USD
They get advance info on projected US pricing from BMW AG in Germany who sets the pricing NOT BMW North America.

I can tell you as well that the Production schedule has US coupes being built for Magazines/Testing in January 1st part of February The Dealers all get one car with almost the Same Specs for Launch This takes place, End of January and February, Customer orders and
dealers with allocation custom orders Will likely start Early March, If all goes well a few may get built at the end of February, I was told to expect my car to be built tentatively around the middle of March early April at the latest. Like any company using suppliers they have to plan this far and further out. This info came from the planner who schedules these !

Hope this lends a little credence to the first post. I will be attending the auto show in Frankfurt on the Press days and will be testing a German version on a track in early to mid October.

I believe the M3 will have a lot of Packages that will push the car into the
mid to high 60K range and beyond in the US plus additional Dealer Markup

Hope that makes sense

American in Germany
      09-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #9
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
The ESTIMATED price for Military Sales is $49,950 in my contract. The Military Sales agents work with BMW in Germany NOT BMW North America

ALL of the BMWs in the Military Car Sales outlets have a Set price that for years has been 12 % Less than US MSRP. Now this can flex but traditionally

They get advance info on projected US pricing from BMW AG in Germany who sets the pricing NOT BMW North America.

I can tell you as well that the Production schedule has US coupes being built for Magazines/Testing in January 1st part of February The Dealers all get one car with almost the Same Specs for Launch This takes place, End of January and February, Customer orders and
dealers with allocation custom orders Will likely start Early March, If all goes well a few may get built at the end of February, I was told to expect my car to be built tentatively around the middle of March early April at the latest. Like any company using suppliers they have to plan this far and further out. This info came from the planner who schedules these !

Hope this lends a little credence to the first post. I will be attending the auto show in Frankfurt on the Press days and will be testing a German version on a track in early to mid October.

Hope that makes sense

American in Germany

Um like my Original post said $49,000..this aint news to me..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #10
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Um like my Original post said $49,950..this aint news to me..
so thats would be 10% guess I was right..again..what did they say about 2008 prices for the 328 and 335
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #11
JEllis
Major General
Rep

JEDI,

To give more credit to you, I will say that I believe Military Sales is doing more than simply estimating the MSRP. I have been told by Pentagon that they already have all their 20 spots taken for an 08 allocation. Spots that are all going to Military members.

Keep in mind that Military Sales is providing cars to Military members that dont have huge budgets. A large increase in MSRP from Pentagons or Superiors estimate could really scare military buyers away and hurt their business's.

I could see maybe a 2-3K increase but not much more than that.

Jason
      09-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #12
///MML
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

gmund1948,

A Canada spec sheet had 12/07 as production start. Since NA ( USA & Canada) cars are usually launched at the same time your USA info seems inconsistent with what a BMW spec sheet infers.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

335 and 328 (and 135

Quote:
so thats would be 10% guess I was right..again..what did they say about 2008 prices for the 328 and 335
So Far the 335 and 328 have not changed for 08s, they could depending on the Euro/Dollar relationship and how BMW leveraged it.

We bought a 335 Cab ZSP ZCW CA 6Mn and at rolling speeds it will out accelerate the old M-3, Tried it 2 turbos really help

Also the 135, which may be the sleeper of all these cars should start at
around $30K US well equipped

That's a lot of car for $30K with 2 turbos 300 Torques, 300 Hp plus a tuner chip pushing it to 350-370 HP it will be simply amazing !

A decent 128 coupe will be $26K Military !
      09-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #14
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Dates

[QUOTE=///MML;1351013]gmund1948,

A Canada spec sheet had 12/07 as production start. Since NA ( USA & Canada) cars are usually launched at the same time your USA info seems inconsistent with what a BMW spec sheet infers.[/QUOTE

Could be, A month is not long and having run a manufacturing firm you will
normally look ahead of schedule. December is close and maybe the test mules will start then, The Canadian cars may have some more option flexability
than the US spec cars, My info came from a planner and he was right on many times in the past

Be like Fox Mulder, Trust no one !
      09-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #15
///MML
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

gmund1948,

Ok, hopefully it will be Dec than later. Also, any info on MDCT from your production planner as they will need to ramp for this as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #16
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:

Hope that makes sense

American in Germany
Any word on when the sedan will hit the dealerships in the US?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #17
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
JEDI,

To give more credit to you, I will say that I believe Military Sales is doing more than simply estimating the MSRP. I have been told by Pentagon that they already have all their 20 spots taken for an 08 allocation. Spots that are all going to Military members.

Keep in mind that Military Sales is providing cars to Military members that dont have huge budgets. A large increase in MSRP from Pentagons or Superiors estimate could really scare military buyers away and hurt their business's.

Jason
thanks buddy
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #18
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:

What is this supposed to mean exactly? That BMW will price this car favorably so that the few US military buyers will not be scared away? This kind of thinking is the basis for the price estimate?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #19
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How do you know this? Why would BMW release pricing information selectively to different parties--especially to US military sales which is not necessarily a strategic commercial partner? What would BMW have to gain from such a policy apart from creating confusion in the marketplace?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #20
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Car and Driver estimated it to be $7000 more than the 2006 E46.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 01:32 AM   #21
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What is this supposed to mean exactly? That BMW will price this car favorably so that the few US military buyers will not be scared away? This kind of thinking is the basis for the price estimate?
Umm no that was not my point and I am little baffled how you could get that from what I said.

My point was that Military Sales cant be careless with their price estimates because their customers dont have large budgets able to absorb large fluctuations in actual MSRP. My point was that for this reason the estimate given by Military Sales is probably within 2-3K of the actual MSRP.

You would be correct to say that Military Sales most likely makes an extremely informed informed estimate so that their customer base does not back out of their purchase agreements.

Jason
      09-02-2007, 08:15 AM   #22
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Umm no that was not my point and I am little baffled how you could get that from what I said.

My point was that Military Sales cant be careless with their price estimates because their customers dont have large budgets able to absorb large fluctuations in actual MSRP. My point was that for this reason the estimate given by Military Sales is probably within 2-3K of the actual MSRP.
Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying. It was very late...

Quote:
You would be correct to say that Military Sales most likely makes an extremely informed informed estimate so that their customer base does not back out of their purchase agreements.

Jason
Hmmm...This still puzzles me because they have had that $54k estimate for several months now, right? The only way they can have an accurate estimate is if they have been told something by BMW or if they just get lucky. And, as I said in my other post here, I just don't see why BMW would selectively disclose pricing information.

Heck, I hope the estimate is accurate, but I just doubt it...
Appreciate 0