Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > X drive stagger or non stagger

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Thorium
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

X drive stagger or non stagger

I finally have my dream come true by bought an 09 E92 335i Xdrive. I'm so excite for this coming summer. First thing i want to do is put a better looking rim on the car. But i have no clue which setting to go with.

1. Stagger or non stagger. I would prefer stagger if it ok for xdrive.

2. 18' or 19'. I was told by the dealer the bigger the rim size will damage the suspension?

3. Offset / tire size

Thanks in advance for any input
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kygiabao View Post
I finally have my dream come true by bought an 09 E92 335i Xdrive. I'm so excite for this coming summer. First thing i want to do is put a better looking rim on the car. But i have no clue which setting to go with.

2. 18' or 19'. I was told by the dealer the bigger the rim size will damage the suspension?

3. Offset / tire size

Thanks in advance for any input
Stagger is fine so if you prefer that than do it. Just make sure the rolling diameter is within 1% so it doesn't damage the xi trasnfercase. Recommended tire sizes for 19 inch is 235/35/19 and 265/30/19
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kygiabao View Post
I finally have my dream come true by bought an 09 E92 335i Xdrive.
CONGRATS! I claimed my "dream car" in the form of a 2008 E91 328xi for the first time Last November (2012) and was similarly thrilled.

Quote:
Perfectly fine. So is searching the forum for the answer, but I understand you are excited.

Quote:
You need a new dealer. This statement makes no sense. Another search will confirm "19 for Show, 18 for Go". 18's will give you a smidgen more rubber to protect the rim from crappy roads. 19's will give you a smidgen less rubber to protect the rim from looking crappy. ha.

Quote:
3. Offset / tire size
Sorrry, can't help you here! I have been researching this for about 4 months myself. There are several standard sizes, but THE MOST IMPORTANT FOR XDRIVE (as psmitty95 said) is that all your tires, whatever size you end up choosing, must be less than 1% different in overall diameter from each other (i.e. front compared to back) - use the wheel calculators or just contact Gary from Tirerack, tell him what you need and trust what he tells you.

My 2¢
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Fm750i
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 Performance Edition

18 inch staggered wheels are a factory option. Don't worry about what the dealer says.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Thorium
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thanks for the quick reply. Will order 19" stagger with hankook tire within a week.
Appreciate 0