Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Gary @ tire rack (brake question)

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Gary @ tire rack (brake question)

I want to order rotors off of tire rack, can someone from tire rack please confirm the centric high carbon plain 125 sold on your site will be centric rotors and not zimmermans, and that they will be coated with the black painted hats?

Thank you, will place order after confirmation.
      02-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackBimmer View Post
I want to order rotors off of tire rack, can someone from tire rack please confirm the centric high carbon plain 125 sold on your site will be centric rotors and not zimmermans, and that they will be coated with the black painted hats?

Thank you, will place order after confirmation.
I've confirmed these are indeed the actual centric 125 via the part #s, but I'll post another reply once I confirm they are the black coated hats.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@TireRack View Post
I've confirmed these are indeed the actual centric 125 via the part #s, but I'll post another reply once I confirm they are the black coated hats.
Great thanks.

actually sent you an email too since I can't PM you, saw you were out of the office, hope was a good vacation! Ha.

also looking at going with stoptech street performance pads, unless you recommend something else? Don't care about dust, just want good bite and not fade as quickly as OEM.

for 2008 rwd 328i sedan.

thanks man!
      02-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Hey Gary I am also looking info new rotors and pads for my e90 335i any suggestions for something that has less brake dust then OEM yet also with a better bite? Any rotors that are slotted?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great thanks.

actually sent you an email too since I can't PM you, saw you were out of the office, hope was a good vacation! Ha.

also looking at going with stoptech street performance pads, unless you recommend something else? Don't care about dust, just want good bite and not fade as quickly as OEM.

for 2008 rwd 328i sedan.

thanks man!
My warehouse confirmed that our inventory is correct on this one.

I like both the stoptech street performance pads as well as the Hawk HPS pads. Between the two, the Stoptech pads are going to be more like your OEM pads in regards to bite. Unfortunately we do not have much feedback in regards to fade resistance on either pad.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Hey Gary I am also looking info new rotors and pads for my e90 335i any suggestions for something that has less brake dust then OEM yet also with a better bite? Any rotors that are slotted?
Unfortunately none of the aftermarket pads we carry have more initial bite than the OEM pads, but the Hawk HPS will come close with less dust and lighter colored brake dust.

Brembo makes slotted rotors for front and rear that work quite well.

Brakes http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...akes/index.jsp

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My warehouse confirmed that our inventory is correct on this one.

I like both the stoptech street performance pads as well as the Hawk HPS pads. Between the two, the Stoptech pads are going to be more like your OEM pads in regards to bite. Unfortunately we do not have much feedback in regards to fade resistance on either pad.
Great! How should I go about ordering rotors and pads so out get the "credit" for the order?

def leaning stoptech pads, I did my research on the UPS and they are not what I am lokong for. Thanks again.
      02-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately none of the aftermarket pads we carry have more initial bite than the OEM pads, but the Hawk HPS will come close with less dust and lighter colored brake dust.

Hey thanks for the reply Gary so would you say these are a good rotor for my car
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...+Sport+Package

And you recommend the Hawk HPS Sreet Pads for me or HP Race? Better then the Stoptech?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Yes, the Brembo sport slotted rotors would be an excellent choice.

Racing brake pads would not likely build up enough heat on the street for effective braking. Either the Hawk HPS or Stoptech pads would be a more appropriate choice for a street driven vehicle.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Gary, see my above post regarding ordering... also is there a way to confirm the part numbers or a way I can ask them to verify before shipping? or should that not be a concern of mine? I definitely only want the centric's premium's with the black painted hats.

thanks man, youre the best
      02-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #11
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gary, see my above post regarding ordering... also is there a way to confirm the part numbers or a way I can ask them to verify before shipping? or should that not be a concern of mine? I definitely only want the centric's premium's with the black painted hats.

thanks man, youre the best
Yes, our warehouse does verify all part #s before shipping the product out. If there is a mistake, we will pay to have them picked up and cover all shipping costs for a full credit.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Thanks for your help Gary very much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
Pittsburger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi, 2006 330xi, 2011x3

Quote:
I want to order rotors off of tire rack, can someone from tire rack please confirm the centric high carbon plain 125 sold on your site will be centric rotors and not zimmermans, ...
What's wrong with Zimmermans.. ?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #14
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburger View Post
What's wrong with Zimmermans.. ?
Nothing at all, I just want the centrics.