E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Officially in the club

11-21-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Officially in the club

Just happened to park where the sun was directly reflecting off of the doors and it's official, I have swirls, very very thin (I thought something was sparkling before I realized they are swirls) but quite a lot of them.

Feeling pretty bummed right now.

EDIT: will Zaino clear these swirls? Living at an apartment it's impossible to gain access to a power outlet and use a rotary.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2005, 10:07 PM   #2
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Sorry...thats sucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2005, 07:48 AM   #3
afocoryw20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 + 325xi

Garage List
2006 325XI  [0.00]
2005 X3  [0.00]
1990 Mercedes Benz ...  [0.00]
Try some Z-5 and if that don't work you'll have to take it to get buffed out. But even if you do that you need to figure out what your doing to get them there. (car wash, cleaning, towels) Because if you take them out or pay for a buff they will most likely return. Swirls are pretty much inevitable but you can minimize how many thru process of cleaning.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2005, 09:07 AM   #4
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by afocoryw20
Try some Z-5 and if that don't work you'll have to take it to get buffed out. But even if you do that you need to figure out what your doing to get them there. (car wash, cleaning, towels) Because if you take them out or pay for a buff they will most likely return. Swirls are pretty much inevitable but you can minimize how many thru process of cleaning.

afocoryw20, you have it easy with silver. It is such a low maintenance color.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

z-5 might lessen them some but i doubt get rid of them all. You should explain you cleaning process and product you use. Like what type of mit and towels etc. Lets try and find the cause before you fix it. Oh only way to get rid of them is to polish the car with a pc or rotary. Chris
2006 BMW 330i - Jet Black - Terra - Burl Walnut - Premuim Package - Sports Package - Fold Down Seats - Heated Front Seats - Strut Brace - Sunglass Tray - Carbon Fiber Front Lips - Alarm - Blacklines - ACS Roof Wing - Breyton Trunk Spoiler - 19" Breyton Spirits wrapped in Michelin PS2
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Thanks guys, I've always been careful with the car, microfiber wash mitts, 2 buckets and all microfiber towels. The thing is that because of those dirty spots in mentioned in the other thread, I used more pressure when washing yesterday because I was annoyed, and I was also in a bit of a rush yesterday so I used only 1 bucket of water. I thought about swirls but decided this one time shouldn't be a problem, BIG MISTAKE! That's why I was feelng so bummed, because I pretty much led it happen.

I'm thinking of using a light or medium abrasive polish perhaps? The thing is though, I will be doing it by hand. Living at an apartment has eliminated any chance for me to gain access to a power outlet to use a PC, but my car IS garaged and I have a pretty good pair of hands, think that will work? Or do I need to find some high-end detailing shop and let the pros do it? I have some slim hope because, after all, this was only 1 wash, and like I mentioned, the swirls are really thin and quite faint, maybe I can get them out by hand?

This is really harsh punishment for one mistake.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2005, 01:06 PM   #7
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

sorry to say but by hand will not solve you swirl problem and I would also consider switching to good sheepskin mit. I dont like mf wash mits that dont release dirt well and are not thick so the dirt stays on the surface of the mit. Chris
2006 BMW 330i - Jet Black - Terra - Burl Walnut - Premuim Package - Sports Package - Fold Down Seats - Heated Front Seats - Strut Brace - Sunglass Tray - Carbon Fiber Front Lips - Alarm - Blacklines - ACS Roof Wing - Breyton Trunk Spoiler - 19" Breyton Spirits wrapped in Michelin PS2
Appreciate 0