F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > HUD
ARMA SPEED

01-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
bimmer-A
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30D msport

HUD

Do we get street names on the HUD ?
      01-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer-A View Post
Do we get street names on the HUD ?
Yes. When I activate the sat nav, the electronic (female) voice - terrible voice, mind you - the HUD has street names and the State or National Route number as well. The voice also mentions them as a first priority, followed by destination.

Sometimes the HUD will display the direction or major place of interest instead of a street. Quite odd and quirky, but you also have the screen with the street/road route highlighted in white to guide you as well.

Another point to note is the sat nav screen display does not show terribly many street names, even though there is ample room to do so. I suppose less distraction perhaps.

The HUD also displays distance to roundabouts and arrows for turns.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
bimmer-A
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30D msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Yes. When I activate the sat nav, the electronic (female) voice - terrible voice, mind you - the HUD has street names and the State or National Route number as well. The voice also mentions them as a first priority, followed by destination.

Sometimes the HUD will display the direction or major place of interest instead of a street. Quite odd and quirky, but you also have the screen with the street/road route highlighted in white to guide you as well.

Another point to note is the sat nav screen display does not show terribly many street names, even though there is ample room to do so. I suppose less distraction perhaps.

GREAT, thanks David
      01-21-2013, 04:45 AM   #4
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

In multiple lane freeways the HUD tells you what lane you should be in.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
G30Spida
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M Sport Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post

It's not that it shows you an point of interest or whatever, it's showing you what's written on the sign where you should turn. So if you drive down the highway, and the road it wants you to turn at has a big green sign which says 'Sydney', then the HUD will display 'Sydney'. I find it quite handy actually because often major roads, or exits from freeways won't have a big sign with their name, rather a big green one which states where that road goes, so easy to spot....

F10 528i M Sport - Carbon Black

F30 328i Sports - Mineral Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Spida View Post
It's not that it shows you an point of interest or whatever, it's showing you what's written on the sign where you should turn.
Not for me. Maybe your sat nav has been set up differently to mine. Mine's ok but sometimes I don't want to know I'm heading into the CBD, when I'm heading somewhere past it. The HUD displaying the CBD is not what I'm after or need.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0