F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Which tune is best for my planned set up?
Extreme Powerhouse

12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I

Garage List
Which tune is best for my planned set up?

Ok, I hope I don't get too much shit for starting one of these Tune vs. Tune Threads, but here it goes..

I got on order coming to me right now a Mesiterschaft Super light GT exhaust and a HFC Challenge DP

I am looking to getting a tune along with this. The JB4 looks great for the price and there seems to be a lot of positive feedback on them. I really haven't seen anything too bad about them, but on occasion here people say that it is bad for your engine, and that you should get a different tune that would be safer for your engine.

I see there are tunes like Vishnu and Cobb as well. They seem to be safer and smoother? But they are a lot more money.

Anyways, any recommendations for me?

My car is primarily for street use and not track use. Would one tune be better than the other for my upcoming set up with the exhaust and DP?

Should I also be looking into upgrading the intake, filter, and intercooler as well? Or should I leave those stock?

Also, my car is a lease, but I think I want to keep it in the long run, but if I wanted to take it in for service, is one tune better than another to take off and put on?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

right now there is only JB1... which i might not recommend because if something should happen to your car, they will read the logs and find out you were tuned. They are working on a JB2 piggyback that will clear the codes, but i dont know their ETA.

Procede, Cobb and everybody else are not doing anything yet. There is this company called Hartge, well known supposedly, with a $1400 chip in Europe. We dont know much about the chip. so can't comment.
      12-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

I'm thinking with the OEM power kit, an HFC DP and a catback exhaust, you could see 40-50+ hp/tq (rough guestimate, it could be more). This would be plenty for a car that will never see the track.

I wouldn't recommend getting a JB right now if you are leasing the car.