M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

11-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
sl0westz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW e92 m3 ess vt1. AW F10 m5

Nav issue anyone?

I'm not sure if its just me or is the BMW navigation just simply sucks.. I never order any of my BMWs with nav, because I had really bad experience with my 2007 335 and since then I never used a BMW nav .. So now I have the m5 and nav can not be ordered without and I do see the difference with the new cic being a lot better than the old ccc .. So I decided to use nav on my road trip the past week from New York to Virginia ... I started having issues right away.1) nav takes to long to determine where exactly I am , I actually had to " stop guidance " and restart before it knows where I am ...2) tells me to turn at places where there's no way to turn and when I passed it , it tells me to make " u turn" and still points me to a road that does not exist .3) the voice Instrution is never on point, it talks when it wants to talk and often it's very late for giving instructions and sometimes whe. It's time to turn it simply just don't say anything.
So I just used my iPhone the whole way and its so much faster and easier.. Does anyone have the same issue or is it just that I don't know how to use the navigation system ?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
I also had a poor experience from San Diego to LA. It doesn't get much simpler than that trip, yet the nav was horrible.

Every 2 minutes the voice guidance would tell me to "bear left" to keep going straight on the 405. I eventually disabled the voice commands. BTW - the voice command volume is completely screwed up and varies from loud to soft randomly.

Without warning the nav had me exit the highway, make a couple of silly switchbacks on surface streets and then re-enter the exact same highway again. It was not only annoying, but taking that exit ramp suddenly was a dangerous maneuver. I thought perhaps the car knew something about traffic I didn't, which is why I took the suggested route.
      11-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
M5lover
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F50 BMW M5 alpine white

Real Time Traffic

Ok so this is a little off point but last week i finally picked up my car. Problem is not only does the RTTI not work but no one appears to know how to fix it. I have now spoken to the dealer, BMW assist and BMW US and keep getting different answers from, you need to get sirius to turn it on _ wrong its embeded in the car, you need to buy the extra package through assist - wrong, that just gives you verbal instructions. Totally annoying. All the sttings are correct in the idrive the right boxes are ticked and its in the RTTI map view. Hit on get traffic information and it comes back with no messages. look at the map view and it also shows nothing which is a bit hard to believe bearing in mind i live in between Philly and New York ! - Help ?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Bibendum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Here's my nav issue -- car shows it is still moving on the nav display when stopped and "parked". Kinda funny if it wasn't so annoying.
Appreciate 0