F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Dynamic Handling Package??? Yes or No???
proTUNING Freaks

10-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Dynamic Handling Package??? Yes or No???

I'm about to order my 335 and I'm stressing over this option. For those of you who have it, are you happy with it? For those of you that didn't get it, do you wish you got it?

There obviously two parts to this package - the steering and the suspension. What exactly does the steering do for you? Is it actually making computations as you are driving and changes the feel of the steering? I'm not sure that I like the idea of a computer controlling my steering.

Also, I plan on installing H&R Sport Springs right away and the Adaptive Supsension worries me a bit with aftermarket springs. The drop is only an inch or so so its not aggressive or anything.

Any feedback is welcomed.... Except for the person that says "use the search" or "why do you want to put new springs on a perfectly new car"

You may also be thinking, "if you're so worried about this stuff, then don't get it" but the idea of the cool technology is definitely appealing!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Any feedback on the steering or adaptive suspension?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
jrob
Bimmer God
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i

There are a few people on here that have used H&R springs with no problems on the stock adjustable dampers. And as for the steering, from what I've seen on here, people with the DHP/VSS generally don't seem to be having the steering vibration issue that is plaguing many of the cars.

Here is a thread asking the same question:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758724
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks. That thread definitely clears up the VSS portion. I know that I've read that some are running H&R springs w/ the DHP so I know there won't be issues initially. But what about in the long run?

I haven't personally had a look at these dampers. Do they just have a sensor plugged in? I'm wondering if the lowering springs will cause them to fail prematurely.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
jrob
Bimmer God
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i

I doubt that just the sport springs will do any long term damage although maybe with a more aggressive drop it could have the potential to cause problems down the road but that's just speculation. These cars with that suspension just haven't been out long enough for anyone to really have a solid answer for you yet, but you can always be the guinea pig for us!

That being said, using the SEARCH function found me this thread...
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735186
Appreciate 0