E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Need Help Please

08-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Need Help Please

Ok, i have a problem....
I park my car always in my garage. Two weeks ago in LA it rained and it was the only night my car was parked outside. My Car is Jet Black and since that day i have not been able to remove the water stains. I washed it twice, and had detailed once. After i got it detailed most of the stains were gone but i still have some left. What am i supposed to do now? Luckily it doesn't rain in LA often but am i supposed to detail it everytime it rains.

pLease help im at the office and don't have time to search.

Thanks you guys.
      08-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
pigbat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i Electric Red

Sounds like acid rain maybe? You should mix up a 50% distilled water/50 % distilled white vinegar solution. Spray that on, let it stand for about a minute and wipe away with a soft microfiber. The sooner, the better!

This will strip any protection you have on the car as well so you will need to seal/wax after you wash.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Thank you kindly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbat View Post
Sounds like acid rain maybe? You should mix up a 50% distilled water/50 % distilled white vinegar solution. Spray that on, let it stand for about a minute and wipe away with a soft microfiber. The sooner, the better!

This will strip any protection you have on the car as well so you will need to seal/wax after you wash.
      08-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Seeing that's it's jst black, you'll probably have to buff it out. If I were you I'd go to the thread below and ask George what products he'd recommend based on your situation. He's very prompt at getting back to people. He's the best.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...detailed+image
      08-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #5
pigbat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i Electric Red

I forgot to ask if you tried to clay any of them? You may want to try that as well as the vinegar solution.
Appreciate 0