E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Front Bumper Skin Sagging (warranty?)and Dealers acting weird. HELP

07-31-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Front Bumper Skin Sagging (warranty?)and Dealers acting weird. HELP

I have a 2007 E92, TiAg and have a larger than normal gap between the hood and the top of the kidney grills. The gap gets smaller as the hood goes to the front wheel wells. I noticed that I am able to lift the skin and close the gap but then I let go and it falls back. I showed this to the dealer where i bought the car and they gave me a story about the bumpers not being attached very well and nothing can be done. Today I went to a different dealer and thier body shop looked at it. What struck me as weird was the first thing the man asked, after looking at the front, was if I bought the car new. I said I had and he replied "and they wouldnt do anything about this?" Maybe I am reading into this but it seems he saw something that wasnt right. He opened the hood and loosened the top screws on the skin and slid it back towards the engine. This made the gap smaller, but then the hood had a overhang of about one half inch. My car had an overbite. I asked him to try something else. He said that the support inside may need to be raised and he would take a look. here are the two things I need some input on, the one is the question about the car being new or not and if i am just being paranoid. The other is that when I asked him if I would be charged or if it would be warranty, he said that the body shop is seperate from service and that I would be charged. It would seem to me that this comes under the work and craftsmanship part of the warranty. Does anyone have any experioence with non mechanical warranty repairs? If anyone has any suggestionsw or thoughts, I would appreciate them. The hood gap is bad enough that I get stopped in parking lots by people telling me that my hood is unlatched.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
??? Oh...hmm....sorry..not so sure bout e92...but def looks a lil weird...but both sides seems uniform..did u try close your hood again?

Did you try get another bodyshop to check if bodywork was done to it before? Should be pretty obvious if it causes that. Bring it back to the dealer if so and have them fix it under warranty...or get some compensation.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

It is at a second shop right now. The hood is closed and the bumper is level but the gap gets narrower as it goes back toward the front fender and wheel well
Appreciate 0