F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Estoril Blue II
Extreme Powerhouse

09-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
Estoril Blue II

Just saw an Estoril Blue 335 at the gym tonight... just had to say that has got to be one of the best colors I have seen on the F30. Truly stunning in person and very true what others say that the pictures don't do it justice.

If you're getting an M Sport and are on the fence about EBII just do it, you won't be disappointed and if you are I'll trade you
      09-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

EB2 is so sexy in person. But mineral grey is really nice too.
      09-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I know I'll love Mineral Gray but after seeing that color I had to say something in case someone out there was on the fence. It's really something special.
      09-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
EB2 is so sexy in person. But mineral grey is really nice too.
btw, did you get on a boat yet?
      09-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
Just saw an Estoril Blue 335 at the gym tonight... just had to say that has got to be one of the best colors I have seen on the F30. Truly stunning in person and very true what others say that the pictures don't do it justice.

If you're getting an M Sport and are on the fence about EBII just do it, you won't be disappointed and if you are I'll trade you
LOL..
I have been deciding between EBII an MG..your signature says you are getting MG and within my heart I had decided it's going to be an EBII for me, even though I haven't seen it in person yet..but lately my mind has been leaning towards MG but my heart is strongly suggesting EBII..the only reason for the debate is I don't know how "flashy" EBII is...would prefer not to drive "flashy"..I have always driven silver and white..
      09-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
btw, did you get on a boat yet?
I hope so. A boat left this morning but when i plug my vin into the ww site it says no record. I would say it's 50/50 i made the don juan this morning. If i missed it i will have to get the next boat on 10/1. Whole situation is pissing me off.

When i was at the dealer ordering, i initially went with mineral grey. Then i went to the lot and was looking at the eb2, and i decided to go for it. All my previous cars have been silver, black and grey.
      09-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.L View Post
LOL..
I have been deciding between EBII an MG..your signature says you are getting MG and within my heart I had decided it's going to be an EBII for me, even though I haven't seen it in person yet..but lately my mind has been leaning towards MG but my heart is strongly suggesting EBII..the only reason for the debate is I don't know how "flashy" EBII is...would prefer not to drive "flashy"..I have always driven silver and white..
I hear you on the flashy bit, that's one of the reasons I did MG... but after seeing it in person I gotta say I would have changed my mind to EBII. It's really a classy color and not racer boy looking at all.

That said a really dark gray metallic is one of my all time favorite colors on a car so I know I'll love it

That probably doesn't help your decision much. :P
      09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hope so. A boat left this morning but when i plug my vin into the ww site it says no record. I would say it's 50/50 i made the don juan this morning. If i missed it i will have to get the next boat on 10/1. Whole situation is pissing me off.
You probably did, I'd guess! Mine didn't show up on the WW tracking until the next morning after the boat left.
      09-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hear you on the flashy bit, that's one of the reasons I did MG... but after seeing it in person I gotta say I would have changed my mind to EBII. It's really a classy color and not racer boy looking at all.

That said a really dark gray metallic is one of my all time favorite colors on a car so I know I'll love it

That probably doesn't help your decision much. :P
NOPE..that wasn't much helpful..
But I am sailing in the same boat as you are..(NOT THE TOPEKA..lol)..In love with EBII since I saw it online for the very first time..but a dark metallic gray has been one of my favorites for a very long time..

but I am 25..
      09-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
But I am sailing in the same boat as you are..(NOT THE TOPEKA..lol)..In love with EBII since I saw it online for the very first time..but a dark metallic gray has been one of my favorites for a very long time..

but I am 25..
I too am 25, have mineral grey right now and ordered EB2 for the car coming in a few weeks. You will love MG, i would recommend the m performance black grills.
      09-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #11
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I too am 25, have mineral grey right now and ordered EB2 for the car coming in a few weeks. You will love MG, i would recommend the m performance black grills.
I know I'll love MG because I've seen an MG F30 and it's a very well balanced color..
Did you get to see EBII in person before you ordered it?

My gut just keeps saying EBII is the way to go for me...but then the head takes over and yells MG!!!

And yes..M perf black grills would be the VERY first mod i'll be making..

Edit: Never mind..you DID see the EBII in the lot before ordring it..my apologies
      09-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

but I am 25..
I hear ya If it was between the old Space Gray and EBII it'd be a no brainer. But there is something about a really dark gray that just pulls at me...

and I am 30
      09-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #13
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I know I'll love MG because I've seen an MG F30 and it's a very well balanced color..
Did you get to see EBII in person before you ordered it?

My gut just keeps saying EBII is the way to go for me...but then the head takes over and yells MG!!!

And yes..M perf black grills would be the VERY first mod i'll be making..

Edit: Never mind..you DID see the EBII in the lot before ordring it..my apologies
It's all good. I can say that i would not have ordered EB2 without seeing it in person.
      10-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
AWMSPORT
1ST CLASS AWMSPORT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328 MSPORT

Garage List
Im about to turn 31!!! (not right at all, getting older sucks! lol) but, im in the process of purchasing an MSport . Can't wait. So I'm in love with EBII!! But I'm getting a little help with the vehicle ,and have to go with a color that dad likes. He says that he likes it but i will get bored with the color after a bit. (i don't think so) . So anyway, i am in a Sparkling Graphite 07, and think that the MG IS Very similar. I also had a titanium silver 02 . And a e36 black. What color should i get this time if the EBII,is out.... Silver again? MG is almost getting the same vehicle. Black shows all the marks, but so elegant, and won't drive white! Silver is nice and didn't show to much marks....please help so lost! Thank you in advance. :-D
'13 328i MSport, AW, Black Dakota leather, Premium Pkg, xenons, ///M Perf, side skirts,Front Lip, Fully coded, CF roundels, Matt Black Grillz, Painted reflectors (front & rear) Smoked tail lights, Plazma l.E.D White PY27W front turn signal,trunk spoiler, Matt Black roof, 8K D1S HID,Custom Exhaust,!
Soon:
JB4,DP,H&R sports,rear diff,!

Last edited by AWMSPORT; 10-03-2012 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG335SPT View Post
Im about to turn 31!!! (not right at all, getting older sucks! lol) but, im in the process of purchasing an MSport . Can't wait. So I'm in love with EBII!! But I'm getting a little help with the vehicle ,and have to go with a color that dad likes. He says that he likes it but i will get bored with the color after a bit. (i don't think so) . So anyway, i am in a Sparkling Graphite 07, and think that the MG IS Very similar. I also had a titanium silver 02 . And a e36 black. What color should i get this time if the EBII,is out.... Silver again? MG is almost getting the same vehicle. Black shows all the marks, but so elegant, and won't drive white! Silver is nice and didn't show to much marks....please help so lost! Thank you in advance. :-D
eb2. Just do it. Mineral grey is nice, but eb2 is awesome
      10-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
eb2. Just do it. Mineral grey is nice, but eb2 is awesome
+1 just do it
      10-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #17
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG335SPT
I have always had dark colors. So I decided with silver this time around not knowing how it will look. Let me tell you that when I first saw the cat at the Welt I was so glad I went with it. I first wanted eb2 but also wanted coral red interior so it was a no no. No disappointment though, silver is great with the msport.

Here is a look. And just like EB2, pictures don't do it justice.
Attached Images

Last edited by marseille82; 10-03-2012 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So for me IT IS EBII after all.
I finally got to see that color in person, and my gut was right. F30 looks SUPERB in that color.

Now the only debate is 6MT or 8AT.
      10-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #19
iM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 AH3M

Some says this color is awesome but not for the people who wants to keep the car for more than 3-4 years? What do yall think?
      10-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iM View Post
Some says this color is awesome but not for the people who wants to keep the car for more than 3-4 years? What do yall think?
Well EBII is still going to be a rare color as it's harder to find in dealer lots compared to the shades of black and white. So in retrospect, if it's rare, shouldn't value go up? I can't tell you as I don't know, but I did have a Sapphire Blue Sentra for 5 years and had great trade in value.
      10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #21
BoweeZie
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Man I was in the same boat about choosing whether or not to go with EB II or AW. Once I saw EBII in person, that was it. IT LOOKS SOO GOOD!!! I never even had to think about it twice after that. It is a truly amazing color!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #22
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

look at Gerbs pics of here of his/her EBII waxed and shined up 335i at the park. Thats is the best looking pics if you can't see it in person. Im so happy with my choice of EBII.