E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 335i Headlight Question

09-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i-X Drive - M-Sport PP CWP

335i Headlight Question

Does anyone know if the 2009 335i X-Drive Coupes AE Headlights are dimmable? Are they supposed to go from dim to full bright when they are turned on? I do not believe mine does this. I base this from my position in the drivers seat watching the reflection of the light hit the wall of my parking space - the lights go from zero to full-on. (I will check tonight to be sure, if it is possible to get out of the car fast enough to see the lights go from dim to full-on.) I believe all of my headlights are stock.

The reason I ask is because this will determine what set of replacement AEs I go with -
D-Tech - which I hear are dimmable to full-on
M-Tech - which I hear good things about
or
LUX H8 V3 - not dimmable, but from what I read, they are the next best thing to OSS and original BMW LED Lights.

Thanks everyone!!!
      09-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i-X Drive - M-Sport PP CWP

Ok I checked it out tonight and I don't see that my angel eyes dim to full power on after turning on the lights and rushing from the drivers seat to check it out.

Can anyone confirm my suspicion?
      09-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Kind of confused here. If you have your headlight switch in Auto, and unlock the car, the AE's will come on at a fraction of full brightness. When you start the car it will be full brightness if it's daylight.
Appreciate 0