E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Center console lighting - need help

09-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i-X Drive - M-Sport PP CWP

Center console lighting - need help

I am installing the center console lighting in my e92 coupe by high performance bulbs. Does anyone know how to remove the housing to allow the installation of the small center console lights? The instructions say to pry up on the edge of the housing and remove it. Is there any edge in particular I should pry from? It seems to be quite challenging to remove it.

I successfully replaced the map and dome lighting.

Thanks.
      09-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I recently did the HPB entire kit in my E92 - just pry underneath any edge of the light housing that suits you to get it started, then work your way around the light & pop the light out - it's a tight fit.

I usually use one of my nylon pry tools that came in a set from ECS Tuning so I don't damage anything by using a screwdriver...

Should use (2) of the tiny LED's supplied in the kit in each light.
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep

Thanks much. I was fooling around with it last night but I am having a hard time removing it. If there is a youtube out there that shows how to remove it, I may get better results.
      09-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
I recently did the HPB entire kit in my E92 - just pry underneath any edge of the light housing that suits you to get it started, then work your way around the light & pop the light out - it's a tight fit.

I usually use one of my nylon pry tools that came in a set from ECS Tuning so I don't damage anything by using a screwdriver...

Should use (2) of the tiny LED's supplied in the kit in each light.

Did you replace the two footwell lights in the back passenger area? If so, how did you remove the light housing from the console area? I hope to have all the lights replaced by the weekend.
      09-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoMike View Post
Did you replace the two footwell lights in the back passenger area? If so, how did you remove the light housing from the console area? I hope to have all the lights replaced by the weekend.
Yes, those are the lights I was referring to in my first post above. It's really not a big deal, they simply pry out - they're just a tight fit.

Like I stated, I don't use screwdrivers to pry anything on my cars, I use nylon pry tools as shown here:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-328...ools/ES517779/

That way there is no possibility of gouging/scratching by mistake...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep

I got the center and front roof lighting complete except for one map light on the passenger side. I tried working with it for 45 minutes with no luck.

I was able to pry off the light covers on the back footwell lights. However getting those lights out look to be a bit of a challenge. Spent over 2 hours so far changing lights but I like the results so far. I will check out those tools. They look like they will come in handy.

Thanks much!!!