E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angle Eye Fiber Optics

09-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
M3 Eater
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Angle Eye Fiber Optics

I have a set of angle eyes on driver side that burnt out from the bulb. They are black, sooty, melted and do not transfer light to the halos. I was hoping to take the halos out of another headlight and replace them however they are not easy to reach. I took my car to a shop to have them open the headlight and they are saying that the halos from a passanger side headlight will not work for the driver side headlight. I have an old passanger side headlight but the driver side was all busted up. I was thinking the the outer halo on one light could become the outer halo on another but the shop is telling me that the driver side halos are different than the passanger side halos. This just doen't make sense to me and I have tried to explain that I understand that you can't use the right halo on one side and have it be the right on the other side, you have to use them like this.... inner halo= inner halo, outer halo=outer halo but I can't seem to get them to understand this concept. There are no part #s on these pieces as they are enclosed in the headlight so I can't compair part #s. Can anyone confirm that the halo pieces different for the driver side headlight than they are for the passanger side headlight?

o O O o
      09-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Pretty sure they are slightly different on the E90 Pre-LCI, the outer fiber optic may be a little longer. If I were you, if you are going through that trouble to open the headlights, I would just buy some full LED replacement rings and call it a day.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

The shop is right.
The halo's 'fiber optics' (as u call it) can't fit from one side's headlight to the other. The bottom of the rings have an entry point [tube] to the headlight that is bent towards the back of the headlight housing; both rings doing this making them able to both be lit up by one single bulb. The opposite curvature is applied to the other side, which is why this can't work.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
M3 Eater
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
thats what I needed to know!!!! thanks! I need optics from another driver side headlight. Can anyone help me find these parts.
      09-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
M_Style
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Tech E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eater View Post
thats what I needed to know!!!! thanks! I need optics from another driver side headlight. Can anyone help me find these parts.
I have a busted 09 E90 LCI passenger side headlight that the angel lights fiber optics are good if you are interested. PM me
Appreciate 0