F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Window Tinting Manchester - Warning - Vis-Tuning
Studio RSR

09-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e MS Edition.

Window Tinting Manchester - Warning - Vis-Tuning

OK, so a few of you will have seen the pictures of my EBII that I posted the other day, with it's relatively new window tints and grille wrap.

Well, I mentioned that there were a few issues that needed to be sorted, couple of bubbles that hadn't dried out and quite a bit of dust under some of the tints, that really needs fixed.

The windows were tinted 3 weeks ago, plenty time for them to dry out. I contacted Pete (the owner) after one week, to inform him of the dust and bubbles, he said give it another week and then he would happily look at them and he would call me in a few days.

So, guess what? He doesn't bother to call me, I try to get in touch via several phone calls, texts and emails, another week later I get an email saying pick a day this week and and he'd meet me. I give him 3 days to choose from......I get sweet FA for an answer, nothing.

I know for a fact that he has been screening his calls cos a few of my mates have left him voicemails about getting their windows done and he calls them back within minutes to arrange an appointment.

At this point in time I would advise anyone in the Manchester/North west area to steer clear of this guy.

He operates out of a 3rd party lock up, so can't even turn up at his place of work.

I am holding out a little hope that he gets back to me to fix the problem, but with the knowledge that he is returning calls for new jobs, I am not holding my breath.

Last edited by Glackster; 09-08-2012 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Spacebug
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 320D M Sport

Bar steward.

Lucky I don't live up north anymore otherwise I'd have used him.

Hopefully you get it sorted..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #3
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Thanks for the heads-up mate - as you know i was thinking of using this guy, so he has lost my business !
      09-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #4
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Thanks for the heads-up mate - as you know i was thinking of using this guy, so he has lost my business !
No worries TMP, don't don't want anyone to experience what I have. I'm raging with the dude right now.

Still keeping a bit of faith that he'll get in touch and sort it, but in the meantime I reckon everyone should steer clear and not take the risk.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glackster View Post
No worries TMP, don't don't want anyone to experience what I have. I'm raging with the dude right now.

Still keeping a bit of faith that he'll get in touch and sort it, but in the meantime I reckon everyone should steer clear and not take the risk.
No no no, I think everyone should book him up with phony appointments.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
No no no, I think everyone should book him up with phony appointments.
YES Nisfan!!! That's the best idea ever!! Do it. His number is on the website.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #7
cwhitehe
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW - G20 330e M Sport Plus

Is that your car on his website? If he's un-prepared to fix your issues I'd ask for the images to be removed from the website!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitehe View Post
Is that your car on his website? If he's un-prepared to fix your issues I'd ask for the images to be removed from the website!
Yeah dude, exactly my car. I've left comments on the website under my car but they need to be approved by the Admin, which I'm guessing is the owner.

Proper annoyed doesn't even come close right now. And he seemed like a really decent guy when I met him.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
YES Nisfan!!! That's the best idea ever!! Do it. His number is on the website.
Better still, book appointment for a 'new install' and you be there at the same time. We then say 'Sort that one out first'

Would rather your car got sorted out of this.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #10
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Someone ring up and claim to be a researcher from BBC Watchdog. He will poo his pants and slam the phone down - but he will be worried as he will never really know.....
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Someone ring up and claim to be a researcher from BBC Watchdog. He will poo his pants and slam the phone down - but he will be worried as he will never really know.....
Be a good plan, but I don't think he answers his phone. Just let's it go to voicemail and then returns the call if you leave a message.

I reckon he's dodging the tax man and this is a sideline.

Best idea is just to try and make fake appointments and not turn up. That's what I'm gonna get a few of my mates to do.....maybe even turn up with them if they get an appointment booked!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
Spacebug
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I got a quote just for wrapping the grille part at a place local to me (south coast) and it was £160 +VAT!!!

I politely declined.

Anyone recommend anyone near Brighton or Gatwick for window tinting and wrapping?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebug View Post
I got a quote just for wrapping the grille part at a place local to me (south coast) and it was £160 +VAT!!!

I politely declined.

Anyone recommend anyone near Brighton or Gatwick for window tinting and wrapping?
Sh*tballs! That's a wee bit OTT! I only paid £30! Suppose that's one good thing to come out of this.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #14
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quick update......

Pete from Vis-Tuning got in touch last night after i texted my frustrations again. Apparently Pete has been in hospital all week and the lad he left in charge of returning calls and keeping appointments has made a bit of an ar*e of things, he only got his phone back last night. He has said he'll be back in touch next week to sort out a date to get the car in. I want to believe him.......

I'm keeping the faith and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Keep your fingers crossed guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #15
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Quick update......

Pete from Vis-Tuning got in touch last night after i texted my frustrations again. Apparently Pete has been in hospital all week and the lad he left in charge of returning calls and keeping appointments has made a bit of an ar*e of things, he only got his phone back last night. He has said he'll be back in touch next week to sort out a date to get the car in. I want to believe him.......

I'm keeping the faith and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Keep your fingers crossed guys.
Could be a "genuine guy" after all then, some grovelling may be required
I bought something from abroad once, it was faulty, I mailed and texted them for a week or more NO Reply, got real angry posted some derogatory remarks on their site, turned out the girl was taken ill in hospital and on the danger list , she recovered and all was sorted , since then I have been a bit more sympathetic and patient.
      09-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Could be a "genuine guy" after all then, some grovelling may be required
I bought something from abroad once, it was faulty, I mailed and texted them for a week or more NO Reply, got real angry posted some derogatory remarks on their site, turned out the girl was taken ill in hospital and on the danger list , she recovered and all was sorted , since then I have been a bit more sympathetic and patient.
Yeah, got to admit, patience is not one of my best traits. It was the return calls to my mates to make new appointments and none to me for 2 weeks that got me wound up. That's surely going to make anyone suspicious? Can at least have a decent chat with him about it all when I see him. Clear the air.

Here's hoping my first impressions were right and he's a decent guy and trader. Keep the faith!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Hmmm, I am not so sure...but let's see
      09-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #18
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebug View Post
For tinting, I have used SolarScreen for 3 different cars (an IS300, a Soarer and an A3) and have always been very happy with their work. They are based in Bolney Grange Business Park, about 2 mins off the A23.

I'm actually going there today to see if they can do a thin sun shade band on the windscreen of my current car. (Went for HUD so couldn't have the 'grey shade' windscreen and having to use the sun visors all the time is a pain).

PS - Glackster, sorry to hear about your woes, hope you get it sorted soon. The car looks lovely

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #19
Spacebug
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have used SolarScreen for 3 different cars (an IS300, a Soarer and an A3) and have always been very happy with their work.
Thanks RobUK. I live in H.Heath and work in Burgess Hill so not too far for me at all.

I get the car on Thursday so will call them today to see if i can get it booked in on Thursday aft!.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #20
PF64
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Quote:
Quick update......

Hope you get it sorted mate but wouldn't be surprised if it's a load of bo***cks.

I think be a little patient then if no joy revert back to everyone booking false appointments.
Appreciate 0