F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 335 base / Dynamic handling package or 335 sport
GetBMWParts

08-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
2ric
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i Sport

335 base / Dynamic handling package or 335 sport

Hi
Just want get some help form the forum. So I'm planning to order 335 next month
Here are some question :
335 base / dynamic handling package or 335 sport without Dynamic handling package Which one you guys think is better
Do I get a better suspension than 335 sport if I order 335 base with dhp
Does 335 sport have different seat than 335 base
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

DHP has better suspension. Sport line does have better seats (sport seats) and 18" wheels. Sport line does have better suspension than the base without dhp, so of the choices you mentioned, if sport line with dhp is not an option, sport line may be best compromise.

I would suggest you do some research on the dhp vs passive m (sport line suspension) and decide whether that or the sport seats and styling are more important to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

sport seats are a must imo. absolute must
      08-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
2ric
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
DHP has better suspension. Sport line does have better seats (sport seats) and 18" wheels. Sport line does have better suspension than the base without dhp, so of the choices you mentioned, if sport line with dhp is not an option, sport line may be best compromise.

I would suggest you do some research on the dhp vs passive m (sport line suspension) and decide whether that or the sport seats and styling are more important to you.
Thanks for the info helped alot
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
2ric
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
JWWrock
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
yeah, go with the sport line. the sport seats are fantastic! i have sport line with the m suspension, love it, but even in sport mode the ride isnt what i would call "harsh" my grandma may not want it as a daily driver, but i would have NO issues driving her around in sport mode. (referring to the suspension alone)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ric View Post
Hi
Just want get some help form the forum. So I'm planning to order 335 next month
Here are some question :
335 base / dynamic handling package or 335 sport without Dynamic handling package Which one you guys think is better
Do I get a better suspension than 335 sport if I order 335 base with dhp
Does 335 sport have different seat than 335 base
Thanks
Good questions before ordering.

First, you have to do and test drive the non sport seat lines and compare them to the sport line/Msport sport seats.
The sport seats are fantastic, and a must have in my opinion, even before considering the DH pkg.

If price is a deciding factor, I would suggest the sportline with standard sport suspension. You'll get excellent handling, great ride, wonderful seats that hold you as you use that suspension in tighter turns, and get a nice looking drop.

A base 335i with DH pkg will also give you the same nice looking drop, and offer pretty much the same sport handling, but you won't have the much beloved sport seats.

If I had to make your decision, I would go sport line.
I too wondered if the DH pkg would be noticeably better than the standard sport suspension. Reviews comparing the two didn't help much as most reviewers really liked the standard sport suspension, and as well they liked the adaptive. But no on definitively stated that the adaptive was better than the standard sport suspension.
What some did say, and what I have noticed with my adaptive suspension is that the one noticeable difference you do get with the adaptive is that the ride and ride control in comfort mode is smoother/softer and takes that sport edge off of some bigger bumps and hits.

I haven't had a lot of time with my Msport and adaptive suspension.
I'm sure on some twistier and bumpy roads the adaptive dampers will likely control the chassis motions a bit better. But, will it be THAT much better?
My inclination is to say, no. After all, BMW's 3 series sport suspensions have always been great, with great body control while still giving a very nice cruising ride.

If you have to have the smoothest ride while cruising, then the adaptive suspension will give you that as an option.
If you drive on roads that are very bumpy adaptive should provide better all around damping control in sport or comfort mode.
But if your roads are average like the roads around the Chicago area, the standard suspension is a great choice.

I wouldn't give up the sport seats together with the standard sport suspension in order to get the DH pkg on a base 335i.
I would have been just as pleased with my Msport even if I didn't get the DH pkg. The variable sport steering in the DH pkg is good, but it's not a day/night difference, not enough to sway me to get it separately.

That's a lot, but I hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #8
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

I have been wondering the same thing!!!! I've sat in the base seats now several times and I have concluded that they are certainly better and more supportive than the base seats in the e9x cars. I have to sit in the sport seats again now to decide. I like the sport seats in the e9x cars, mainly because they are a MUST because the base seats are sooo bad.

However, the e9x sport seat digs into my back a bit and isn't all that comfortable after a half hour or so (yes they are deflated). So I'm looking for more comfort with the same level of support. I've come to the conclusion that the lines really aren't worth it. I'm probably going to change the wheels anyway and for the same money I'd rather have the ZDH and more options than the expensive sport line or m sport line with fewer options. Decisions, decisions.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
2ric
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Good questions before ordering.

First, you have to do and test drive the non sport seat lines and compare them to the sport line/Msport sport seats.
The sport seats are fantastic, and a must have in my opinion, even before considering the DH pkg.

If price is a deciding factor, I would suggest the sportline with standard sport suspension. You'll get excellent handling, great ride, wonderful seats that hold you as you use that suspension in tighter turns, and get a nice looking drop.

A base 335i with DH pkg will also give you the same nice looking drop, and offer pretty much the same sport handling, but you won't have the much beloved sport seats.

If I had to make your decision, I would go sport line.
I too wondered if the DH pkg would be noticeably better than the standard sport suspension. Reviews comparing the two didn't help much as most reviewers really liked the standard sport suspension, and as well they liked the adaptive. But no on definitively stated that the adaptive was better than the standard sport suspension.
What some did say, and what I have noticed with my adaptive suspension is that the one noticeable difference you do get with the adaptive is that the ride and ride control in comfort mode is smoother/softer and takes that sport edge off of some bigger bumps and hits.

I haven't had a lot of time with my Msport and adaptive suspension.
I'm sure on some twistier and bumpy roads the adaptive dampers will likely control the chassis motions a bit better. But, will it be THAT much better?
My inclination is to say, no. After all, BMW's 3 series sport suspensions have always been great, with great body control while still giving a very nice cruising ride.

If you have to have the smoothest ride while cruising, then the adaptive suspension will give you that as an option.
If you drive on roads that are very bumpy adaptive should provide better all around damping control in sport or comfort mode.
But if your roads are average like the roads around the Chicago area, the standard suspension is a great choice.

I wouldn't give up the sport seats together with the standard sport suspension in order to get the DH pkg on a base 335i.
I would have been just as pleased with my Msport even if I didn't get the DH pkg. The variable sport steering in the DH pkg is good, but it's not a day/night difference, not enough to sway me to get it separately.

That's a lot, but I hope it helps.
Thanks alot for the write up
Now I will stick with 335 sport line
Appreciate 0