E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stett FMIC, CAI and Synapse BOV Charge Pipe

08-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
ajp0374
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Stett FMIC, CAI and Synapse BOV Charge Pipe

So after many months of searching and deciding which mods to install I’ve settled on a few products from Stett Performance. I was interested in the Cold Air Intake and FMIC to complement my COBB tune and get the best bang for the buck. I’ve already done a few cosmetic changes, Advan RS wheels with Michelin PSS tires, TC Kline Coils, AR DP’s, and Cobb tune. Car right now is probably one of the best I’ve driven from a comfort and power perspective.

While searching for the best FMIC and CAI combo I looked at the Helix and Wagner FMIC’s and several CAI products including drop in’s and true CAI’s. I chose to go with Stett because of the vast number of posts referring to their products as “TOP QUALITY and PEREFCTION”. I will say when I ordered the three separate items I was told 2 and a half weeks at most and it took nearly a month to ship. I wasn’t’ really concerned because of planned trips and hectic summer schedule. Charge pipe with Synapse BOV was a no brainer based on the added stress of the upgrades and I was told the Teil was a bit quieter than the Synopse so I chose that BOV. I’m still concerned with over all “noise and tone” coming from car and want to take every upgrade is carefully planned and monitored. I haven’t chosen exhaust yet because I want to make sure each upgrade doesn’t make the car sound like a Honda Civic with a straight catless exhaust.

Just an added note to complement the three above products. As stated in a few posts prior I’m one of those guys who loves German cars and modifying them. One of my biggest complaints is finding a reputable shop to install aftermarket parts into a warrantied vehicle. Those of you from the lower North East will have a problem finding anything unless you look into NYC or southwestern CT. By trial and error I found a local shop, Tony’s Imported Auto in Manchester, CT, who specializes in German cars and has done an incredible job thus far with my DP’s and Coils. I’ve asked the shop to take pictures on the install to post for all of you looking for info regarding the Stett performance line. As stated in many posts Stett does not send any type of installation materials and refers to the installer to have the knowledge and expertise in these vehicles to preform the installation. The installation is scheduled for tomorrow and I hope to have the pictures posted soon after. For those of you interested in the Stett product line I’ll be sure to add more info as the day goes on.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
You'll love the Stett CAI. You won't love installing it though lol...good thing the shop will be doing this. I found there to be some fitment issues with even the v2, but nonetheless great quality product.

I automatically noticed the increased response and I absolutely love the suction sound it makes! This coupled with a "whoosh" at every shift
Makes every penny worth it. I have the ER CP/Tial combo because I preferred the quieter sound.

As for FMIC I have a custom unit so I can't comment on Stett's. I'd say most FMIC's fall within a similar bracket performance wise. At the end of the day for a DD and occasional 1/4 mile car I'd say it's personal preference and how deep your pocket is.

Post pics when they're ready and enjoy!!
Appreciate 0