E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Tell me this isn't as bad as it looks :( (Datalog)

08-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
M3_Dylan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Tell me this isn't as bad as it looks :( (Datalog)

Well here is my most recent logs. So my question is what the hell is going on with my fuel trims? OL fueling is at 90%

Mods: Catless Downpipes, BMS DCI, Procede Rev 2.5, ETS FMIC, 30/70 E85/93 mix

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Looks like you hit a bump in the middle of the log. That would explain the short term timing, trim and AFR fluctuation. Strange that I don't see a throttle as well. Also, you are maxing out your fuel trims. You should either reduce your boost % and/or increase your open loop fuel %.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
M3_Dylan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Looks like you hit a bump in the middle of the log. That would explain the short term timing, trim and AFR fluctuation. Strange that I don't see a throttle as well. Also, you are maxing out your fuel trims. You should either reduce your boost % and/or increase your open loop fuel %.
Shiv, glad you answered I will be doing you e85 sensor within the next month do you believe the DME reflash will solve all my issues and just don't do any wot until then?

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledxjoker View Post
Shiv, glad you answered I will be doing you e85 sensor within the next month do you believe the DME reflash will solve all my issues and just don't do any wot until then?
According to your email, you are running 30% E85. I'm guessing you are doing this on the standard non-E85 maps which are not intended for e85 mixing. So if you run pump gas as intended, you will see a drop in trims which is what you are after.

Without the ProcedeFlash, running e85 requires one to be reasonably with boost levels. If you run too much boost, you will run out of fuel and will need to increase your OL fuel settings. Once you get to 100%, there is no more fuel left to put in without tripping low fuel pressure codes. At that point, you will have to drop boost.

With the ProcedeFlash, none of this is an issue and you have plenty of fuel system capacity to do anything and run whatever % of e85 you desire. We just broke our stock twin turbo WHP record last night running straight e85+meth on a car with only downpipes and DCIs (over 450whp).

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
M3_Dylan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

[/QUOTE]According to your email, you are running 30% E85. I'm guessing you are doing this on the standard non-E85 maps which are not intended for e85 mixing. So if you run pump gas as intended, you will see a drop in trims which is what you are after.

Without the ProcedeFlash, running e85 requires one to be reasonably with boost levels. If you run too much boost, you will run out of fuel and will need to increase your OL fuel settings. Once you get to 100%, there is no more fuel left to put in without tripping low fuel pressure codes. At that point, you will have to drop boost.

With the ProcedeFlash, none of this is an issue and you have plenty of fuel system capacity to do anything and run whatever % of e85 you desire. We just broke our stock twin turbo WHP record last night running straight e85+meth on a car with only downpipes and DCIs (over 450whp).

Shiv[/QUOTE]
Ah, I see I thought that putting a low percentage of e85 would just help with my timing pulls. When actually I just screwed myself, well lesson learned. Thanks for the quick response both via email and on here!

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
FirstBMWLA
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
According to your email, you are running 30% E85. I'm guessing you are doing this on the standard non-E85 maps which are not intended for e85 mixing. So if you run pump gas as intended, you will see a drop in trims which is what you are after.

Shiv
Does this mean if fuel trims aren't maxed and timing is still solid 10deg+ you can safely continue to up boost?
I upped my start boost 15% and fuel trims are still only ~22% max at OL of 85%.
Appreciate 0