E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > AC Is Dead

07-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
AC Is Dead

I searched first did "AC broken" etc. nothing came up.

Well today went to Wendy's long line about 80 degrees out so was getting hot. So I turned on my AC. Doesnt work. Put it on full blast. Doesnt work. Put it on regular fan mode. Doesn't work. I then shut it off. Try again 5 mins later. Doesn't Work.

I just tried it again at my house after it was off for a bit. Still doesnt work. Going to call the dealer tomorrow. But anyone have this happen. Or anyone know a way to fix it?

Also I try not to use my AC all the time. I rarely use it. Only one who likes to use it is my girlfriend. I try and enjoy the warm weather since it doesn't last long in New England.

Thanks.

UPDATE-

Just an update.

It turns out when I had my windshield replaced the guy who did it, did a bad job. And it has been leaking. It caused some circuits to blow or something like that the dealer said.

They asked if I wanted it fixed even though it would cost $700. I said no, since I am making sure my insurance company pays for it. They chose not to go through BMW and got some glass place to do it.

Hopefully all goes well. But advice to anyone make your insurance company go through BMW. Can save you a hassle.

Last edited by DasBlitz; 08-01-2007 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is it not getting cold, or not blowing air ?
      07-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Is it not getting cold, or not blowing air ?
Not blowing air. At all on either AC mode or regular fan mode. It really sucks cant even get any air. nevermind cold air.
      07-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Sounds like the blowers fuse must be blown
      07-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

You shure the selectors by the outlets arent all turned to O ?
      07-22-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Sounds like the blowers fuse must be blown
Dang, I figured it is probably a fuse. Sucks, since I try not to use the AC and still get an issue with it. Thanks for your help E90Fleet.

Quote:
You shure the selectors by the outlets arent all turned to O ?
heh, that was the first thing I checked. I even moved it back and forth for one of them to see what was the issue.
      08-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Just an update.

It turns out when I had my windshield replaced the guy who did it, did a bad job. And it has been leaking. It caused some circuits to blow or something like that the dealer said.

They asked if I wanted it fixed even though it would cost $700. I said no, since I am making sure my insurance company pays for it. They chose not to go through BMW and got some glass place to do it.

Hopefully all goes well. But advice to anyone make your insurance company go through BMW. Can save you a hassle.
      08-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Just an update.

You dont need to update your OP and post an additional update for future reference. I am curious as to how this plays out though so Im subscribing.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

hmmm... interesting... I have never had problems with the A/C not working, but even on full blast, I wish it had more to offer...

good luck getting it fixed... keep us updated...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
You dont need to update your OP and post an additional update for future reference. I am curious as to how this plays out though so Im subscribing.
I updated my OP after I made the additional post. I figured I might as well save people time and do it in the OP aswell.

Either way, I will have to pay $100 to the dealer for their time. Rightfully so. But pisses me off even more towards the insurance company.

It sucks because essentially what needs to be done now is.

1. State Farm has window re-done.
2. State Farm then pays for the damage done. $700 according to BMW.
3. State Farm hopefully reimburses me some money. For instance the $100 for me to pick it up.

Hopefully they do not pull any shit. If they are smart and want to keep me as a customer then they will get both the windshield and the AC done at the BMW dealer at the same time.

I'll let you guys know what unfolds.
      08-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #11
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Good luck and thanks for the updates.

Unfortunately, insurance can often be painful.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Good luck and thanks for the updates.

Unfortunately, insurance can often be painful.
Thanks and yes it can be painful. Hopefully all works out we will see.
      08-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #13
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Just an update.

That's why I said earlier there are reprecussions in replacing your entire windshield. I am not sure if you could avoid it, but it possible, I would choose to repair the windshield rather than breaking the original factory seal.
      08-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #14
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Now you know for future issues (hope that you will have none), always take your car back to BMW and have them take care of it. At least they are liable for the work. And if they send the car out and don't do the work themselves, they will hold the company that did liable. Either way, it's through BMW.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #15
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
That's why I said earlier there are reprecussions in replacing your entire windshield. I am not sure if you could avoid it, but it possible, I would choose to repair the windshield rather than breaking the original factory seal.
I'm not exactly sure what was done wrong in the installation. I assume bad sealing. Many have had their windshields fixed and I have heard of no isses. If this was done at a BMw dealer it would have been fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
Now you know for future issues (hope that you will have none), always take your car back to BMW and have them take care of it. At least they are liable for the work. And if they send the car out and don't do the work themselves, they will hold the company that did liable. Either way, it's through BMW.
No, I knew from the start. Insurance company wanted to save money. Now they know, that if i stay with them BMW or nothing else.
      08-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #16
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Well been doing some calling. Seems everyone is giving me the run-around.

The glass place is questioning if it is right. Stating he has down this for 18 years and why didn't I take it to them first.

Yes cus I knew my AC was dead because of the windshield. WTF?

And State Farm I guess has me deal with a seconday company which is telling me to bring it back to him to fix it.

The glass guy also stated he wants to see it and maybe he can fix it. A glass company is going to touch my BMW other than for glass? haha. no.

On top of that the guy stated if I pay the $700 or so to fix the AC problem he will reimburse me. Oh yea, and then when you don't pay me I am out $700.

No thanks. I told both State Farm and the Glass Place that if I do not get some answers by the end of today. Then I am calling my attorney tomorrow. Because I need some sort of reimbursement for the time i am losing.

Didnt have the car for 2 days. Due to their problem and not installing it correctly. Now today when it is 90 degrees again. I have to wait for all the problems to be fixed which will most likely take 2 weeks. 2 weeks without my vehicle?
      08-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #17
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Don't you have rental insurance? I would tell them, look, you messed this up once, now it's my shop, no buts or ifs.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #18
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Don't you have rental insurance? I would tell them, look, you messed this up once, now it's my shop, no buts or ifs.
Oh, I'll most likely get a rental car if it shows that I won't have my car for awhile due to it being at a shop.

The glass company just said they will reinstall do a water test. They come tomorrow most likely so we will see what happens. Because I still need BMW to fix my AC's electrical work.

And as stated I need money for my time wasted and the $100 I payed BMW today because they took apart my car and found the problem. Which obviously is not covered under warranty.

I just need this crap to end. Hopefully it is atleast giving you guys some insight.
      08-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #19
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
The glass guy just stopped by my home. He took some stuff apart and came to the conclusion that water was going into the heating are where the air filters are.

Ok already knew it was getting in there. He then said that they dont have to take off the bottom black piece. It is a long somewhat medium size piece. When you open the hood you can see it.

Well I saw their guy do it. He was alone and took all the parts off to put it in. He said "have you been to glass school?" numerous times he stated that and how he has been doing it for 18 years.

I understand that but he didnt do it. One of his workers did. Then he states it might be BMW's fault. I told him BMW is not going to fuck with my car like that. They are professionals.

He also said during it that we are probably scamming him. I said I don't get the money my insurance company does and that I really dont need to fuck up my car for some money.

My father started talking to him and saying how the black piece has a part that goes on the bottom of the windshield and that it should be flushed. The guy said it is cosmetic and water can go in. My dad then gets a guy from the BMW dealer on the phone who says it should be flushed and tight.

The guy is putting everything together, basically done and then I ask him why did he change his mind. He then has a fit saying I dont want to argue. And then left. He said he will be in contact with BMW dealer.

The BMW dealer just told me to come take a look at other 3 series and they will show how the piece is flushed.

I took a bunch of photos when the guy finished.

Get this, he broke another piece it is some piece that is rectangular above the engine and he pushed it in and i think just a clipping or something broke. He said he would fix it when it happened. But I totally forgot when he stormed off like an ignorant idiot.

So yea, calling insurance to get a rental car. Heat is again high as hell. Plus if I drive it while it rains that would cause more damage. Having an Insurance adjuster come soon.
      08-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #20
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

If its not one thing, its another. I feel your pain man.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #21
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
If its not one thing, its another. I feel your pain man.
Thanks. It's seriously getting out of hand. I just want my BMW that I had fun driving back. The guy left so much nasty dirt on my car aswell.

Either way, hopefully it gets fixed soon. I really want to enjoy my car before the end of this month.

I'll keep you guys psoted.
      08-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #22
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
You gotta stop being such a nice guy. I feel your pain.

Appreciate 0